DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I bridge speakers to amp?? I know the pos wire from both speakers go together and same with the neg but which terminal on the amp do I connect them to??

·
Chief Squatting Dog
51 Posts
Each amp company typically has their own way of bridging an amp. Usually it is either right + and left - OR left + and right -. What kind of amp and I could probably tell you.

·
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a Kicker impulse amp

·
Chief Squatting Dog
51 Posts
Most kicker 2 channels as I assume that is what you are talking about use the terminals that are the farthest from each other. The positive should be closest to the power ground and remote turn on strip and the negative should be the farthest one on the end. If you need more help here is a link to the kicker website they have pdfs on their amps there. Kicker support Just go to support in the left hand corner, technical support and then manuals. Look for your amp from that list. Good luck and hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
There are as many ways to correctly bridge an amp as there are to do it wrong, so make sure you check the manual for your amp and make sure you have your load correct for both the sub and the amp. Post back with model numbers and you will get amore accurate response.

·
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a Kicker impulse IX702
Here is how the terminals are:

-- Ground
-- Remote
-- 12 Volt

-- Pos
-- Neg
-- Pos
-- Neg

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
use the two outside posts and thats it! both + wires go to the outside + terminal and both - wires go to the outside - terminal. (outside meaning not the middle)

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
if you need me to i can draw you a pic....

·
Chief Squatting Dog
51 Posts
merlin12volt said:
Most kicker 2 channels as I assume that is what you are talking about use the terminals that are the farthest from each other. The positive should be closest to the power ground and remote turn on strip and the negative should be the farthest one on the end. If you need more help here is a link to the kicker website they have pdfs on their amps there. Kicker support Just go to support in the left hand corner, technical support and then manuals. Look for your amp from that list. Good luck and hope this helps.
I guess no one likes to read what I typed in earlier huh? :huh: Here is your manual EXACTLY from kicker Kicker Impulse 702 Manual

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.