DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i need some advice on this. i've got a 4 channel amp and two DVC subs. each sub is dual 4 ohm. i know i can hook up the subs 1 channel to each voice coil and it would run ok. but if i did it that way i wouldn't be getting all the power i could to each sub. by the way the amp is bridgable and mono (2 ch) is 4ohm stable. if i wire each sub parallel bridged what load would the amp see? i may end up just running each channel to each voice coil but i want to get more juice out of this amp. i know its possible, i just dont know how. i'm sorry if this is confusing. i know the basics but i dont have much experience with DVC subs. just somebody, anybody help!!!! :confused:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
You cant run both subs if the V.C.'s are paralel you would end up with a 2 ohm load to each channel

Run like you said....each channel to a Voice Coil and you will be OK

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
as usual dracos, you always have good advice for me. thanks a lot man.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
no problem........later you should get a Mono amp with one ohm stability......then run all Voice coils in paralel to get the one ohm load

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Dracos... all this help for everyone else and no thoughts on my upcoming system? :(

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Bubba_Hemi said:
Dracos... all this help for everyone else and no thoughts on my upcoming system? :(
Go back to your post.....I missed it earlier (has to do with the auto refreash in the Arcade...LOL)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just ordered a mono amp dracos. should be here in less then a week. thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the subs are rated at 200 watts rms. and i'm not sure what the max is but i got a 850 watt mono sub amp. its a boss audio amp. just cheap but it will work, i've had good experiences with boss amps in the past. and besides that i didn't feel like paying 500 bucks for an amp.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Boss aint too bad............should work fine for your needs

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah it should be fine for me. i'm just going to use the 4ch amp for my mids and highs.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
will do so.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.