DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to break a lease plus finance through crysler? I have taken a new job and they are going to give me a truck and i need to get rid of mine. if anyone has had expirence with this please help. in the meantime, anyone interested in buying one. just trying to get rid of it not trying to make money on it.
thanks

· Registered
86 Posts
Usually you 'break' a lease by paying it off. Sell the truck, pay off the lein, transfer title. All done.

· Serenity
5,995 Posts
I just saw a Motorweek episode and they had a segment about leasing. A guy was on from leasetrader.com. It is a site where people wanting to assume a lease can hook up with people wanting to get out of one. There are some gotchas, however (isn't there always), but who knows, it might save you some money.

http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/fyi.shtml

· Jeep Driver
34,848 Posts
ggravant said:
I just saw a Motorweek episode and they had a segment about leasing. A guy was on from leasetrader.com. It is a site where people wanting to assume a lease can hook up with people wanting to get out of one. There are some gotchas, however (isn't there always), but who knows, it might save you some money.

http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/fyi.shtml
Nice try, but Chrysler Financial does not allow lease transfers.

· If only I had more $$$
3,673 Posts
Nor can you sell a lease vehicle,. you have to purchase it,.. bank load,.. then sell it,.. as far as I know.. I have been wrong before..

· Serenity
5,995 Posts
FreeLantz said:
Nice try, but Chrysler Financial does not allow lease transfers.
Not surprised - at least the site may help others who may have leased vehicles from another source.

· Serenity
5,995 Posts

· Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for your help guys. I don't know what to do now...Damn lease. I should never have done it.

· Registered
259 Posts
The only "gotcha" is that the original lessee is responsible if the new lessee does not make the payments. Probably a pretty big gotcha, but ...
You can try swapalease.com, they handle lease transfers also, and also offer insurance against the new leasee missing payments.

Generally, getting out of a lease is very, very difficult. If you can't unload the vehicle, try to make a deal at work to have them compensate you for use of your own, rather than theirs.

· You've been Hijacked
15,407 Posts
so you took a job and they are giving you a truck. hmmmmmm are they looking for more people? :thatfunny :D

· Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They are giveing me a 2007 f 150 work package no frills no pawer anything no carpet, but it's free. Can't complain

· Registered
36,020 Posts
I would keep your truck for a weekend warrior. That way your friends won't think you are going broke when you show up in a no frills Ford :D :D :D

· If only I had more $$$
3,673 Posts
Ram3500Dually said:
I would keep your truck for a weekend warrior. That way your friends won't think you are going broke when you show up in a no frills Ford :D :D :D

Or to have someone come and tow him home with his Dodge when he breaks down with the Ferd.... :rck:

· Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
not a bad idea

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.