Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone...
First post on this forum, but I'm sure it won't be my last. Just got my new Ram 1500 QC Hemi today. Can't believe how nice this truck is. Black, fully loaded, I'm lovin' it...

Any special break in period on the hemi?

Or anything else I should know? :help:

Thanks

·
BORN 1/24/2009 6LBS 14ozs
2,843 Posts
Welcome to DodgeTalk. Enjoy your new ride!!

SQC :rck:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Welcome, congrats on your new ride.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whats with the coinholders assc. thing? I've seen a few times now.

·
Registered
921 Posts
If you have a coinholder in your center consol you can be a member. There is a thread to join, but I am way to drunk to remember it. You can think of a coold number and join. By the way, lose the drop in liner, get a rhino, and debadge that sucker. Then get a DVD player, and you will be up to date!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
drop in came w/free....dvd is coming......debadge the hemi...why..stealth..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh is that cup w/a hinged lid a coin holder..

·
BIG BLACK CTD
646 Posts
congrats on the new truck!! You've come to the right place.. we'll help you spend as much money as you can afford on mods/upgrades ;)

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
To answer your question, the break-in period is the first 500 miles or so, and during that time it's best to keep the RPM's on the low side, and vary the speed as much as possible when on the highway. Don't gun the engine too hard during this time period either. Yeah, I know with those Hemi's it's hard resisting the temptation..... but your Hemi will thank you later for being kind during break-in. ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks..been listening to the gear upgrade talk and I must say I'm liking it. What kind of performance gain in the quarter r people getting?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool... kinda what I figured.. I just tooled around looking like I was too bad ass to race people today..lol

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Welcome to DT! Now you need to set up a gallery. The coinholder is in the center consol, it is removable, if you have one you can't mistake it. About the debadge, if you have a Sport, I say debadge all but the HEMIs. If you have an SLT with chrome bumpers and stuff, I say leave all the badges except the dealer ones, they go well with the other chrome stuff.

·
Registered
244 Posts
hoosierred1 said:
cool... kinda what I figured.. I just tooled around looking like I was too bad ass to race people today..lol

hehe

did the same thing :)

·
Registered
921 Posts
I have a chrome theme on my truck, and still de-badged. Take 'em off the tailgate and doors. Leave the Hemi, unless you will want to race people. When people see that badge, they usually back off. It's like taking the GT off the side off a mustang; you become a possible sleeper car....

·
Hibernating
3,114 Posts
Welcome to DT! What took you so long to post! (j/k) Congrats on your new ride...now let's see some pics!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone! Pics coming as soon as I figure out how to fix my scanner(My wife's [email protected]#$ing cat pissed on it), or I borrow my friends digital camera. Probably the latter of the two. I think the scanners toast.

I have the slt with crome and I'm trying to picture it debadged. Maybe, but the hemi stays. I'm damn proud of that.

need to shoot that cat ....mumble,mumble,mumble

·
Registered
165 Posts
bmgamble said:
I know a contact. He does good work... :D

TOO DAMN ,,,FUNNY TELL HIM I GOT A JOB FOR HIM TOO

·
Unregistered User
3,491 Posts
FreeLantz said:
To answer your question, the break-in period is the first 500 miles or so, and during that time it's best to keep the RPM's on the low side, and vary the speed as much as possible when on the highway. Don't gun the engine too hard during this time period either. Yeah, I know with those Hemi's it's hard resisting the temptation..... but your Hemi will thank you later for being kind during break-in. ;)
Don't gun the engine? I figured you of all people would know that the owners manual says that you should apply short bursts of wide open throttle durring the break in period.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.