Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a 6speed 2000. When the truck sits overnight or for a while and I first take off. and apply the brakes. The rear brakes grap real tight and lock up. Usually when coming to a stop. It will only do this for the first couple of times I apply it. They have been adjusted and I have pulled the drums off and everything is fine. I am thinking it might be the proporting valve. Any ideas?
Thanks

·
Registered
842 Posts
porp valve..... That would be my best guess.

·
Older, but no wiser.
989 Posts
have you driven with the E-brake on and glazed the drum? Sounds silly but a friend let an employee drive his Chevy and he went about 5 miles with the brake on. Same issue. Fly cut the drums, scuffed the shoes and a-ok. (the shoes were new) Other thing might be a bad set of shoes, once installed both long shoes on the same side... ooops! Good luck... Chris

·
Registered
842 Posts
Where did you find a 2000 with drums on it anyhow. Every one I've ever seen has disks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brakes

I bought this truck from my buddy about 2 years ago, for 16,000.
It had 50,000 miles on it. It has every option on it other than leather seats.
From what I have read they only manucatured 00 6pd manual Ho,s for two months. I guess then switched the year to 01. So not many were made. Very loud engine louder than any other stock cummin's. So I guess this model is a bit year.

Maybe this explains it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.