·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I did clean those areas, it was ugly

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Wow bro! Your calipers took a beating. i would have those replaced also if i was you!

i need to do the breaks on my 2nd gen soon.

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The Calipers are fine, I cleaned them up too....

The rotors are nice, only 128.00 bucks for the set off of ebay, with free shipping...

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It is much better.

I need to pull my back wheels off and bleed the rear brakes, I wasn't able to do that when I blew out the rear brake line behind the gas tank last year...

I was wondering if I could pull the rear disk brakes off of an '02 or newer ram and put them on mine anyone know if this is possible?

·
Registered
493 Posts
you have 3 rubber brake hoses, 1 at the differential, one on each front wheel... while you are doing brake work id make sure those arent bulgy or cracked ... if so go stainless for about $60

·
Beware the Underbite!!!
6,659 Posts
your rears may also need an adjustment if you had them off. my auto adjusters stopped working correctly, so i had to feed them out, and it gave it enough for them to start working right

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I didn't mess with the rears, but I need to...

·
Beware the Underbite!!!
6,659 Posts
ok. well hurry up and get it fixed.

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Get what fixed?

I fixed my front brakes, I want to know if I can replace the rear drums system with a disk system off of a new model ram?

·
Beware the Underbite!!!
6,659 Posts
the soft pedal feel

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Oh, that is going to require me to remove the back wheels and bleed the brakes, I rounded off the vent valve last time I tried....

·
Beware the Underbite!!!
6,659 Posts
shouldnt require that.

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
It will for me, I am short and round so getting up in there to remove the vent valve and replace it will require some room....

·
Beware the Underbite!!!
6,659 Posts
mine locked up when they were out of adjustment (my shoes were too far in) when i wound them out to where they were just about to touch the drum the auto adjusters wound out and put them in the proper place

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Update on the brakes...

I got help today from our truck, tractor trailer, mechanics to bleed all four corners of the brakes, helps when you have a creeper and a shop full of tools....

Wow what a difference, I don't have to hardly push on the pedal to get some serious stopping power....

Will actually lock em up now...

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.