DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
99 Ram 1500 Sport
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im about to do the brakes but im thinking about new rotors too... would it be worth it to pick up some cheap but decent drilled and slotted rotors to go along with new pads.. or just have the stockers machined

also.. what are these decent but fairly cheap brands that you know of?

thanks

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
you don't need to replace the rotors unless they are warped. I still have the OEM rotors & drums on mine, and it will haul the 35" swampers down in a hurry.
Get some house brand ones, they are garanteed (sp?) for life. Once they wear out, bring them in and swap out for a new set, free.
I have had good service and performance from the brand that autozone uses.
Cost about $40 for pads & shoes when I bought the first set back in 99. I have swapped them out for free replacementes twice since then.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
what are you the spell checker? :D that's twice...
thanks though...a good laugh helps break up the monotony here at work. :tup:

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Haha yeah. Whenever I see the (sp?) inserted next to a word, I make it a point to respond. Nothing against anyone at all, just fun for me and hell yeah it passes the time at work. I work for a shipping broker and there is NOTHING to do right now, so I am literally falling asleep. Ever get bored with the internet? Yes, it can happen. Try reading every news article on every site and drooling over trucks and parts on ebay...lol

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
While I don't have that much free time, when ever I have a free minute I visit this and one other site to help anyone that I can (within the limits of my knowledge) on dodge vehicles, and learn from others.

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
chizzle1 said:
you don't need to replace the rotors unless they are warped. I still have the OEM rotors & drums on mine, and it will haul the 35" swampers down in a hurry.....
Ya, that's what I thought too, until I switched to slotted rotors and ceramic pads. The difference in braking was like night and day. I'll never go back to OEM rotors again.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Hehe I guess I'm not the only one who does that to chizzle1 :)

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
Hey, I found one too. It should be "replacements". I like this game, find chizzle's typos.
:booty: eeven uf I cun't spall, at least I know what the hell I am talking about. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.