DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Taste the freshness.
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know people get pissy about warranty questions on here, but anyway, my breaks are starting to squeal on my 06 with 4,900 miles on it. Anyone know of hand how brakes are covered under warranty? Thanks.

·
Banned
505 Posts
You should have gotten everything you need to know in the glovebox of your truck about the truck, and specifics about the warranty.
Squeaking brakes are not abnormal and do not indicate a problem 99% of the time.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Probably will not be covered under warranty. Two ways to fix it though are ride the brakes, not excessively, but get them HOT. This will fix it if they are glazed, but not heat glazed. If your pads are walking back and forth on your calipers you can tear them down and spray some disc brake quiet compound on the back of the pads. That is about the only two sources for noises at your mileage. The other would be wear indicators but you should not be having that problem.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'll get the lovely squeak on mine too,but it's only every now & again there hasn't been any rhime or reason to it.
I've pulled both tires off inspected the callipers,slid the pads out & checked out the rotors.Everything looks & feels ok so i don't know what gives?I just hit 24K this past week and I'll just chaulk it up as :huh:

Blu_

·
Banned
268 Posts
I get it sometimes. I have 8700k on mine, but it could be just some crap picked from the road. I am not concerned at the moment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.