DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stratus ES/6 -92K Miles. Very pleased and would buy another...

I have a bad rattle coming from my front end. With 92K I thought I would have my front struts replaced since I just put on 4 new tires. Rides much better, but the rattle became worse. The dealer checks out the front end and tells me everything is OK - I should think about new tie rod ends soon, but the rattle is coming from my brake pads. The are a year old (Raybestos Quite Stop Ceramic) and my rotors are a little warped (2nd time I had a warped issue since replacing with Raybestos Rotors ,also machined a year ago) So I decided to replace my rotors and pads with Bendix Parts. (I see my factory brake system was Bendix) The rattle was eliminated the first day, but has quickly returned. Should I replace the calipers? Any other ideas?

·
Registered
135 Posts
You could also try some anti-rattle clips if lubing the guide pins doesn't work. Some of the Stratus models don't have anti-rattle clips available. When my back brake started rattling, I found out that mine doesn't have them available. So, I ended up using a trick that Moose pointed out a while back. Pull the pad off of the offending brake and bend the retaining clips out a little so that the pad is held into the caliper tighter.

RK

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got the same problem. Will try this and see what happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.