DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just did the brakes, new pads and resurfaced rotors. But now its squealing like there worn. What gives?

·
Kasey Kahne #9
6,013 Posts
Big Boi said:
Just did the brakes, new pads and resurfaced rotors. But now its squealing like there worn. What gives?
dirty rotors...or

did you put some goop (anti squeel) behind the pads also?

·
2004 Black_Hemi_QC
1,688 Posts
Put some disc brake quiet on the back of the pads, the brake dust is resonating between the disc and pads

·
Registered
430 Posts
jdosuna said:
I have the same problem. I bought the semi metallic at Autozone. Next time i think i am going to buy the Mopar brake pads.
I'm not sure Mopar would be any better. My truck squealed from the factory for the first 5k miles until I couldn't stand it anymore. I removed the pads and applied some anti-squeal lube and reinstalled them - no more squeal.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its the metalic pads. Im returning them tomorrow and getting ceramic.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No its not! I bought ceramics from Bennet Auto Supply and they still rub. Could the pads be too thick?

·
Registered
13 Posts
The brake squeal stopped on my truck. I bought a small red bottle at autozone that is a silicon base. I placed the stuff behind the pads and where ever there was metal to meta contact. I used the same pads and stopped the squealing. I guess the grease that is provided is not good enough to prevent the squeal. You should try it if it continues squealing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.