Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Break line in my 99 ram blew up on me, I have to replace the whole length from the front to the back. Does Dodge sell the prebent lines? If not anyone know a good source for a roll of 3/16 line? My local autoparts stores sell in max lengths of 40 inches and I am not psyched to put 3 joins in the line since I have to pull the gas tank to install this.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
121 Posts
The same thing happened to me awhile back. I fixed the crack with a compression fitting until I get my spare car back. I also broke off 2 of the bleeders after I fixed it, so I guess I have to re-tap those too. JCWhitney has a 25' kit in their magazine but it won't come up on their website. My rubber lines look pretty bad too, so I'm going to replace those with stainless at the same time.

Does anybody know where to get the best prices for this stuff?

·
Redneck Yankee
2,509 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Unless you really want to bend the lines or are on a budget, you can get the whole kit of every line in steel or stainless at www.classictube.com. Seems like it is about 130 for steel or 240 for stainless. The pattern they have on file is from my truck, a '99 4x4 quad cab with rwal.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dealership doesn't sell pre-bent lines, I found a Napa that has a roll of $25 feet in stock so I am going to go with that (since I am on a budget).

thanks all.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yeah, thats a little steep for me too. I'll have to check my local NAPA, how much was the roll?

Has anyone else had problems with the bleeder valves? The only one I could get to open was one that had been replaced in the past (bigger size).

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
25' Roll was $25 at Napa, you an ebay them for about $20 for the same but I wanna make sure I have the line for next weekend.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i got a brake line, i think the one ure talking about, at autozone. i just took my old one in and measured it with a string. the sell lines that are easy to bend, and wont crease or snap. bends really really easy and it was like $8. i think im going to do all my lines like that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.