DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been relining my ’97 1500’s entire brake system with corrosion-proof brake lines, since the shop-replaced lines lasted only 2 years. At this point I’ve completed the rear brakes, replaced the flex lines with EBC stainless, and am preparing to replace the lines in-between the MC, proportioning valve and RWAL valve. New rear drums, shoes, cylinders, front rotors, calipers, pads too.

To swap out the flex hoses, I’ve already learned that it’s easier to cut the lines and put the whole megillah in a vice and (after much Kroil and PB blaster) take the 36” pipe to the ratchet handle to remove the rusted-in brake fitting.

My question is this: I’m feeling too shiftless and lazy to remove the MC, prop valve and RWAL and I was wondering if one could take a MAPP torch to the respective valves? I know that brakes create a lot of heat, but I worry that a torch will melt the cylinder/valve seals (the gas tank is out of the truck (that’s another story) and I’ve used up nearly an entire cylinder of MAPP to remove assorted fasteners, rotors & drums off this vehicle).

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

The Bamster
'97 1500 Ram 5.2
'89 Ford Club Wagon XLT
'99 E300 Diesel
'75 450 SL

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.