DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

brake line broke need some help

971 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  dmsween 
#1 ·
had to change my front hub today and when i took the caliper off i noticed dripping on the brake line. damn piece broke right off :banghead:. anybody know where i can get this also has anybody ever fixed theirs

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

See less See more
#2 ·
go to your local auto parts store and tell them you need a front brake line. its that easy

#4 ·
get a bigger picture too. something from further back so we get a better idea where were looking.

If its the break line from the caliper to the tee you can get that from any auto parts store. if its the metal line from the tee into the truck you can get that but I think youll have to make the bends.

make sure you bleed your brakes after to replace the line.

#5 ·
Just like the other guys are stating. You can get different lengths of brake line at your local auto parts store along with the fittings. There are SAE and Metric so make sure you get the right one. You can bend the new lines yourself just be careful to not put a pinch in it. A small pipe bender will do wonders as well. Don't forget to bleed the brakes too. Good luck. :tup:

#7 ·
That looks like its the actual brake line not brake hose.

Couple Options:

1.) There are some aftermarket companies that do pre-bent lines for classic cars who may have it.
2.) Dealer should be able to get one.
3.) Auto parts store should have pre-made straight sections of line and then bend it yourself.

I used to work at a place that did brake lines for classic cars so I had the guys in the shop give me a few pointers to bend my own lines. Not very hard but you may not get it on the first try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.