DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to do the rear drums on the dakota but I have a stupid question. I was looking at drums and shoes and there is a 9" drum and shoes and then 10". Which one would have come on my truck or will either fit? I did a search but didnt find anything on this. thanks for any help.

·
Registered
180 Posts
In February, I had the same question when I had to replace one of the rear wheel brake cylinders on my truck due to leakage.
Just remove the rear drum and measure it, or just take one of the old shoes with you and match it up to the new set of shoes, mine turned out to be the 10" drum and had to get 10" shoes and replaced all the hardware due to age and mileage. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks it does help. I was going to measure them but it was cold out and I was lazy. I ended up going to the owners section of the dodge site put in my vin and it showed me all the options for my truck wich included the 10" brakes. So now I have completely new brakes all around except for the drums I was going to have them turned so I didnt get new but ended up there wasnt enough metal left to turn so I will have to pick up drums and then I will be good to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.