DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:rck: There are really several brake problems identified through out the threads. I just completed reading 10 pages back to identify my problem. My problem spongy go to the floor intermittently. Now, I've purge brake lines with help in the past. Years past I didn't have two electronic blocks between the master cylinder and the shoes or rotters(?). Well, by the book: Master cylinder, proportioning valve connections, ABS block connections, right rear, left rear, right front then left front. Amazing, I have brakes. :gr_patrio I'll wake up in the morning and give her another try. But no fade to the floor. Folks, I've been to a friends shop, A Brake (un-named) Shop and neither knew about the sequence I picked up here. Hope this helps someone, I've lost a day and a half of work trying to figure it out. Chris in Memphis.

·
The Green Machine
1,722 Posts
Good post - Welcome to the site.

And thanks for doing a little research - it's amazing how helpful the Search function is :D

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
did you replace the master cylinder? what caused the original failure?
I ask because since I have been working on vehicles & brakes I have never followed a bleed sequence. Come to think of it, the only time I have bled the brakes on any of my vehicles is to replace the calipers on the front of my old truck.
So if the mastercylinder or proportioning valve has to be replaced then I need to follow a sequence?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The original Master went South. I purchased a life time from AZ, thought I'd gotten a bad one took it back for another. Same thing, took that one back for the money went and picked up a Mopar for $25. more than the rebuilds. I suspect the ones from AZ were probably okay, just a loose operating nut in charge of the bleeding. Glad I found this site.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Chris Burchfiel said:
went and picked up a Mopar for $25. more than the rebuilds.
Noo way For a 2001 Dealer gets around 120-150 for brand new mopar master cylinder and 40-60 for a rebuilt mopar

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry 2001 Noo way.

Looking at the ticket for th 98 from Wolfchase Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep (901) 373-3030, $125.00 + Tennessee Tax of 11.57 total is 136.57. The AZ rebuild was $98 w/ 10% discount + tax. Napa had a rebuild for $103 and a new one for $200+++++. I was so floored I forgot the actual amount from NAPA on the new one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.