DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight on my way home my ABS and Brake light came on and stayed on. Im am noticeing a couple of issues. The brakes seem soft and the ABS doesnt work. Prior to the light coming on ABS worked just fine. but when I went to stop at a light I noticed the back ABS only working and than the light went on. Has some one else had this problem???? Where can I start???

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh my the way I have a 04 1500 with 43000 miles on it. Very lightly used so I know its not me tearing it up.

·
An Army of One
1,227 Posts
It's the speed sensor on the back axle. Sometimes you can clean the connections, but easier to change it out!

·
Banned
462 Posts
sensors or fuses (#35 I believe)

·
Banned
462 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Gentlemen!!! I will check it out. If someone else comes across something else that I may want to look at as well let me know!!! Thanks again!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SO this morning I went out and started the truck. Light was still on and stayed on. I did a few solid pushes on the brake pedel. Light still stayed on. I put it in and out of 4WD. Took it back out of 4wd and put in reverse and light went out. Brakes are now solid like always but i wasnt able to check the ABS for operation. It has been very cold with lots of snow. Does anyone think the Sensor is just dirty and need a cleaning????

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a quick update. Just got back in from driving the truck and light stayed off. I went to test the ABS and it didnt work. As soon as I tested the Brakes the light went back on and stayed on. Fuse is good so does this mean the sensor is bad??? If I were to replace the sensor will ABS work again???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.