DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well gents... a loooooong time back I approached BPI-Fab here in Denver to see if they had any bumper options for my 2007 2500 CTD. They had previously built the bumpers for my jeep way back in college and I absolutely LOVED THEM! Unfortunately, they didn't have any bumpers for my truck due to the fact they didnt have a prototype vehicle. Seeing as i was in the area, I was more than happy to volunteer my truck up at the prototype rig!

After some trips spaced out over a few months, and then my schedule not working with theirs or theirs not working with mine.. and then BPI developing 2 prototypes that we all ended up wanting to tweak a little... the new bumpers are done!

Heres some pics... I'll try to grab some more in the daylight tomorrow so you all can see how nice these things really are.

If anyone is interested in these... here is BPI-Fabs website http://www.bpifab.com/

I know alot of the Power Wagon guys will be interested in these and Tim Cornett is well aware of the winch issue. Looks like the only changes they'd have to make to the bumper is get rid of the vents and add a slot of some sort for the winch cable to route through. Main reason for the venting is to help keep airflow to that big intercooler on the diesels. Guess the powerwagons with the Hemis probably wont have that issue.

Now I just need to go run over a VW microbus filled with hippies... :D

·
low n' SLOW
638 Posts
They look good! Looking forward to some daytime pics.

·
Adam
207 Posts
Those are some nice looking bumpers.

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
those look great!

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Can't wait to see better pictures. Primarly building my front off of theirs, it's so simple and yet looks so good :rck:

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Those are awesome!

·
Wilson
971 Posts
tough

·
Registered
59 Posts
:rck:I like them they maybe be my next MOD:teacher:!!!!!!! Looks SWEET !!!!!!!!!!!!:tup:

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
they do look good.....need daytime pics though so see them better

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
I'd be interested to see if they built the mounts to work on 1500's also.

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
they give the HDs a good look

·
Registered
766 Posts
Sweet! Post the pics after you smash the V-dub hippie bus.....lol.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright... heres a few daytime pics... well... kinda. The sun was almost down by the time I got off work. Not to mention... the truck is covered in dust! we've been cleaning up the freight train derailment here in Denver and trying to get the light rail system back in service.... this is gonna be a fun next two weeks

·
我愛貓
7,864 Posts
I had been waiting for so long I had lost hope about theses and forgot, then you started a new post so I didn't even know this one was here, you sneaky ******* :D

There was talk of the rear being an air tank at some point wasn't there or am I thinking of the wrong bumper? any way who cares, their just normal bumpers right. any idea how much they weigh, it doesn't look like a design that would be overly heavy though. I need all the info you've got :) How strong are they, could I slide the front over rocks if I had to ;D Is it just me or does it look like it hangs down a little low in the front? how does it compare to the stock bumper height? how tough is the powder coating/ how hard will I have to try to scratch it? no recovery points on the rear? I guess I can use the hitch, but how about some steps?

Most importantly do you know anything about the Power Wagon version, is he still looking into it or is it just a order one and well cut a big hole and see how that works?
Guess I should just call them, take a breath then call :SPIN:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I had been waiting for so long I had lost hope about theses and forgot, then you started a new post so I didn't even know this one was here, you sneaky ******* :D

There was talk of the rear being an air tank at some point wasn't there or am I thinking of the wrong bumper? any way who cares, their just normal bumpers right. any idea how much they weigh, it doesn't look like a design that would be overly heavy though. I need all the info you've got :) How strong are they, could I slide the front over rocks if I had to ;D Is it just me or does it look like it hangs down a little low in the front? how does it compare to the stock bumper height? how tough is the powder coating/ how hard will I have to try to scratch it? no recovery points on the rear? I guess I can use the hitch, but how about some steps?

Most importantly do you know anything about the Power Wagon version, is he still looking into it or is it just a order one and well cut a big hole and see how that works?
Guess I should just call them, take a breath then call :SPIN:
best bet is to just call Tim about the power wagon version. The airtank idea I know wont happen... no real way to weld the inside and guarantee it'll hold air. And as for rear tow points... nothing you weld on there is going to be tougher than the 2" receiver on these things... you should see how that hitch mounts into the frame.

As for how low it hangs... that thing is high and tight! they kept it as high as possible while still protecting the vitals right behind the bumper.

Toughness... well... notice the big crack in my grill? Well... I kinda slid down the hill to my house in a blizzard and ran into my neighbors pine tree dead center. the bumper is stout as all get out.... only thing that happened is I had to clean some sap off the bumper and it left a light rub mark on the powdercoating. BTW... the powdercoating is top notch! thick and durable... you definately wont complain. But if youre planning on sliding the front over rocks... you'll end up screwing the bumper up. wouldnt matter if it was built out of 5/16" plate rather than 3/16".... rocks screw stuff up... I know!

I cant speak for BPI... but im sure alot of people want alot of different things. Im sure if you talked to them, they could add custom features to the base bumper design to your delight.... hell... i imagine if you asked nice enough and the price was right they could mount freakin unicorns on the bloody things. Im planning on in the future talking with them about adding some small light cutouts for the LED wobblers im going to have to install on the truck... Also going to see about some rock sliders for this pig :D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.