DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a thread going at http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306080 , and figured I would post some of the final pics, incase anyone didnt want to sift through the whole post. This is going to contain a pair of JL 13w6's in it. Should be able to place an order for them in a few weeks.

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
Looks good. Now honestly though, how much time and money do you have in it? LOL

·
-Arana-
7,088 Posts
Looks good! Is it a tight fit or do you have enough room for it? Those jl audio are sweet subs, what amp are you running?

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
What back seats......LOL

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Probably cost about $300 in materials, and counters hours. Ended up raising the seat 4 inches, and everything is a tight fit. As far as the back seats are concerned, the are now ageless, lol. My 5' 4 gf can fit back there, but with no room to spare.

Im using a jl slash 1000.1 amp. Can't wait to actually put the subs in. in my opinion, it was time well spent, as it was fun to do. Trickiest part was making sure the measurements were correct.

·
-Arana-
7,088 Posts
Sweet those subs are gonna kick ass!! Post pics and vids when your done

·
Registered
797 Posts
Howd you do the carpet? Is it with spray adhesive? Ive never been very lucky with that stuff. Whats the trick?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
super 77 (or something like that) spray adhesive worked great. The carpet needs to have some strech to it. when you get to a corner that has "christmas present packaging", meaning a bunch of extra fabric, pull it tight, then with a sharp razor blade, cut through it. This should eliminate the extra fabric. If its decent carpet, you wont even see the seam when done. The trick is in the way you pull the fabric.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Thats what I used on my fold flat floor and it wouldnt stick for shit. Did you spray it on both surfaces and how long did you wait to stick em together?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i sprayed both surfaces and waited about 30 sec before i put them together. As someone once said, "they'll stick like grim death".

After looking at it in my truck in the day light, Im impressed at how well the carpet job went. When the back door is open, and you see the color in the sunlight, it doesnt match very well. However, when you are riding in the truck and look at it, it fit almost perfectly. I have a few swatches of materials coming. If I like one of them better, ill change it out.

·
GetALittleMudOnTheTires
8,389 Posts
nice job

·
Registered
797 Posts
And why no pictures of it finished and installed? Have you not learned yet? This forum loves pictures.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is how its looks in my truck (without subs, for the time being). On a side note, there is much more room for the sub's excursion than it appears in the pictures. Ill also be using JL's grill.

·
-Arana-
7,088 Posts
looks good

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Really wish I could find a stretchy fabric that matches the truck a little better.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Great job look like a pro did it .

·
Dark Side Master
643 Posts
Looks great! What did you use to raise the seats up?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I placed an order for the subs yesterday, as well as the jl grills and 3 lbs of acousta-stuf. I purchased a sample card of superflex carpeting, and found an almost identical match for the factory carpet. Should be a few days before i have it all setup and finished. The moment of truth will be when i turn on the system and make it pound, will the box hold... I used way more fiberglass than i needed to, so numerically, it will be fine; just have those "what if" thoughts.

Its been tough driving around with no bass for a little over a month now; even more so with the box installed and no subs.

My next post will be the last one with pics. It will show the new carpet installation, t-nuts/mounting holes being drilled, bolting to the frame and a review on how they sound (although they will be better after a break in period).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.