DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im not completely positive if it is the bov or not but i wanna know if ne one else has this prob sometimes and knows if ne thing is wrong... ok when i boost my bov makes this flutter noise as if it is trying to open when it shouldnt... and when i do shift it makes the noise its supposed to but it echos/flutters... ne thing wrong or is that normal?

·
Registered
697 Posts
What kind of BOV do you have?

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol i have a stock bov... yes it does it most the time.... pissing me off but i know for sure its gotta be the bov cause it does it mostly when i shift but if i am really laying into it, it will pop open... really sux... heres a pic of the one im thinking of ordering since it bolts up stock... hopefully it will solve prob...

Attachments

·
Registered
697 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about Forge. Haven't heard the noise, but should serve it's purpose. I had the Turbo XS, it was a loud BOV but it sucked really bad at WOT. So I tossed that thing quick.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i called yesterday to order that bov from modernperformance... they were closing as i was calling... they answered though... the guy told me i wouldnt be able to order till monday but he also told me that the forged bov will no longer be sold after there stock runs out cause to many ppl are complaining that it gets hot and the inside gets briddle and breaks... so he recommended it get this... comes with all in picture + the bov block off plate for about $320 shipped.... i think thats quite a bit but gotta get it... :mad:

the bov is the raptor bov if u were wondering...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my question with this is how much of a pain in the ass is it goin to be to install lol and wat is that 2nd hole by the bov for...

·
Registered
697 Posts
That looks like the Greddy. And the other holes are for the red line and pressure sensor. My suggestion is, you should look into the HKS SSQV. I bought it and it has brought nothing but good things. The HKS isn't spring loaded so it never leaks on WOT and always stays closed on WOT.

·
Registered
697 Posts
elchicoyes said:
That looks like the Greddy. And the other holes are for the red line and pressure sensor. My suggestion is, you should look into the HKS SSQV. I bought it and it has brought nothing but good things. The HKS isn't spring loaded so it never leaks on WOT and always stays closed on WOT.

*and always stays closed on WOT.* I meant to type that it isn't spring loaded so no adjustments needed.

·
Registered
164 Posts
yea mine flutters too kinda like hte supra BOV. but idk if it leaks becuase i dont hear nething. only when i let off the gas. any one know the prob
??

·
Registered
697 Posts
What kind of BOV and how do you have it connected.

·
Registered
697 Posts
That's cool, my friend was having problems with his Mopar BOV leaking too.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Maybe its just me, cuz I need things broken down barney style so I understand. But I read it about 2 times and I haven't found the explanation to why it flutters on WOT

·
Registered
240 Posts
elchicoyes said:
Maybe its just me, cuz I need things broken down barney style so I understand. But I read it about 2 times and I haven't found the explanation to why it flutters on WOT

It should not flutter at WOT. THe stock turbo spools very fast and with an upgraded WGA it spools even faster and at low RPM. I beleive to much air is pumped at the engine at low RPM when its not ready for that much air. it can handle it up top though. If you notice the flutter goes away at about 3500.

·
Registered
240 Posts
srt-7 said:
how much boost could the stock turbo hold????
Ive seen 22+ but thats only hot air your pushing and you will notice no differenc ein HP.

18psi is plenty and anything above that and the air is to hot to be worth raising the boost.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine has always fluttered at lower pressures. even at the tail end of a WOT woosh I can hear some slight flutter. The reason for this is the stock BOV really isn't a BOV at all. It's a wastgate actuator and it barely releases any excess into the "atmosphere." It's also has a weak spring so it will by default only hold about 18PSI before it works in sync with the PCU to cue the fuel shutoff. The mopar plate (which they call BOV conversion for some reason, probably because it "sounds like a real BOV") will help this and I think it sounds sweet, but it won't allow you to run any higher boost. For this you would need the wastegate actuator to be upgraded or do the whole BOV setup like you are. I would probably go all out getting the pipe and all since the system would be most effecient allow for future power upgrades. I thought Modern Performance did a pretty good job of describing each part, BOV and WGA although they didn't do a direct comparison.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.