DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking for a 72-74 (pre DEQ) Club cab long bed Power Wagon for about two years... I found one in February and bought it...
I immediately started a frame off restoration..
Here is a picture from the day I bought it..
IMG_20210216_130701.jpg

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went to JB Fabrications and bought "twin sticks"... Or at least the modified shafts that go in the transfer case...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Next up is the cab.. absolutely needs floor pans (most this age do..) and several small areas that need rust repair..
Today I ordered header collectors, complete door seal kit, polyurethane cab & core support bushings, and a transmission oil pan with a drain plug...
When I rebuild the automatic transmission (727 short shaft) I'll probably just start a separate thread...
Keeping in mind that the 727 long and short shaft are pretty much the same accept the length of the output shaft and the length of the output housing that the base and main guts pretty much remain the same...
I should add the 904 it's just a smaller version that actually shares the same exact valve body... Being able to do one means you can do the other, they are that similar...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Next up is the cab.. absolutely needs floor pans (most this age do..) and several small areas that need rust repair..
Today I ordered header collectors, complete door seal kit, polyurethane cab & core support bushings, and a transmission oil pan with a drain plug...
When I rebuild the automatic transmission (727 short shaft) I'll probably just start a separate thread...
Keeping in mind that the 727 long and short shaft are pretty much the same accept the length of the output shaft and the length of the output housing that the base and main guts pretty much remain the same...
I should add the 904 it's just a smaller version that actually shares the same exact valve body... Being able to do one means you can do the other, they are that similar...
You are one ambitious dude! what did you pay for the truck?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are one ambitious dude! what did you pay for the truck?
I got a pretty good deal on the truck as it had no transmission in it and a flat tire...
It was restored the number of years ago by all indications that that restoration had went wayside and the cab has revealed all its dirty secrets now...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You'll find I'm not one to let grass grow... I'm hoping after work Tuesday I'll get a chance to stop by the steelyard and pick up the steel stock I need to build a jig for the cab...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally found some good doors yesterday and a good core support...
Oh yeah and "twin sticks"!...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok a little more bracing on the jig..
Also finished prepping the cab for the sandblaster..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts