DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 229 Posts

·
what's my bore?
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
after playing with the 4 link for a few hours, we didn't like the way it was looking. so back over to 06trxhemi house to spend more time on the CNC table. this is what we came up with.
the ruger p345 will still be in there, on a different bracket.

and when i was there we cut these. this will be for the front susp. this monster is 1/2 in thick and we'll be welding another 1/2 plate to the top and bottom to make a "I" beam, that will be bolted to the front axle and then have a heim joint back on the frame.
to see one of these cnc's cut 1/2 in person is something!!! and it'll cut bigger, if it doesn't put a smile on your face, youre in the wrong shop..

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
to see one of these cnc's cut 1/2 in person is something!!! and it'll cut bigger, if it doesn't put a smile on your face, youre in the wrong shop..
it's a shame that pics do no justice to how nice 1/2 cuts. I may go pick up some 5/8, 3/4 and 1 inch just to cut it up. I was really happy with it. And smiling is an understatement. I'll email you the pics of cut quality if you wanna post them. (the kids took over the computer)

·
what's my bore?
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
it's a shame that pics do no justice to how nice 1/2 cuts. I may go pick up some 5/8, 3/4 and 1 inch just to cut it up. I was really happy with it. And smiling is an understatement. I'll email you the pics of cut quality if you wanna post them. (the kids took over the computer)

lol, send them over.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Liking this project. I have a buddy that had a 47 dodge pick up and mounted a turbo from an 80's mustang to the flatty 6. One of the owners at the dealer i work for has it now. It dynoed at the wheels around 240 horse. Just an idea. Jon

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
Now that is a nice cut. Did I tell you I checked the holes to the test piece and the difference from the top to the bottom of the hole was .0005

·
what's my bore?
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
WHAT!!!! .0005 that's not going to work. who the hell cut that!!! i think you should do it again!!

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
Sure go buy a 5X10 sheet of 1/2 load it on the table and pay me $200 am hour and we can try again. (I keep the scrap.......)

·
what's my bore?
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
a little more work this weekend.

and the brackets that will go on the back of the diff and weld up to the back side the the 4link bracket.

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
a little more work this weekend.

and the brackets that will go on the back of the diff and weld up to the back side the the 4link bracket.
that right just "a little" work. your forgetting the perfect bag mounts, the perfect fit back caps for the link mounts, and some time spent BSing and it was all of 3 hours to draw, program and cut it out. gotta love CNC plasma. wonder how far you would be with out it.......................

·
Back to Stock
1,165 Posts
looking good!

·
Try harder
13,236 Posts
Looks great!

141 - 160 of 229 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.