DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 229 Posts

·
what's my bore?
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of buying a 2011 and up mustang with the 419hp 5.0 but 30 grand! and then around 8,000 for a supercharger. It was between that and a rat rod. 30 grand for something that anyone can go down and buy or something that would take more time but would be a one of a kind. So i went with the rat rod.

1941 plymouth looks like 44,ooo miles. it came from a dairy farm in Florence Arizona, it still has the name on the side and the phone number. the phone number back then was 3 digits. it's been sitting sense the 60's, has a flat head 6 cyl. that still turns over. would like to sell the engine to recoup some money, but we thought it would bring more if we could get it running first. We'll see how that goes.

Got it back to the shop this morning and started ripping into it.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Awesome find. Keep us posted!

·
what's my bore?
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well great looking truck. You got flat glass with universal moldings to get your windshield and other windows redone. I'm watching this to the finish.
:D
Honestly, I'm not impressed by that thing.
that's cool.
just ordered the disc brake kit yesterday for it.

·
what's my bore?
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Put some black steel wheels with white wall drag slick on the back also needa a 440
lol, i was just talking to a buddy of mine about the same thing, there's one at a yard in town, we'll see.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Where did you get the conversion kit? I would love to put a set on my 40 Plymouth.

·
what's my bore?
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
there was 3 different companys that made them but this guy not olny was cheapest he was the nicest to talk to. www.rustyhope.com

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Thanks man! Looks like I have another project.... Ya, I already checked out the site and did all the reading. Kits is more to me because Canada LOL

·
what's my bore?
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the kit i got took ford truck inner bearings, diplomat rotors and outer bearings, caprice calipers and pads. the only think you get from him is the bracket, bolts, and some shims. a buddy of mine has a cnc table, we where thinking we could make our own. but it would have taken a week or so to get the bracket cut right and find out what bearings where correct. in the end it was cheaper just to buy the kit, get the brackets and all the info on the parts list.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Thinking the same thing. I heard many years ago you could buy a setup off an old Mercedes and it bolted right up but nobody could ever give me the right year.

·
1st. Gen RAM Enthusiast
572 Posts
Nice build, but I'd keep it looking somewhat like a 1941 Plymouth, not just a cab and frame.

·
Registered
27,633 Posts
That's going to be awesome when you get it finished. Keep posting the build here.

1 - 20 of 229 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.