DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on my way into town and going 70 down the highway on certain bumps and small drops my truck will bottom out hard. Any ideas on how to lighten it up?

Thanks

·
Registered
985 Posts
slammed1 said:
air assist will fix you right up
can that be used with traction bars, a sway bar, and lowered leafs, or will there be too much stuff in the way?

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...should work with any of those options...air assists bags does wonders with regards to bottoming out...never hafta worry or drive differently...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hell.... I knew it before I drop the damn truck......I only rub when hit big bumps.. plus the deal was to good to pass up...

I'm waiting to find some srt-10 wheels for next to nothing...LOL

Question, what is the best size for a 22 tire with 2/4 drop.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hell.... I knew it before I drop the damn truck......I only rub when hit big bumps.. plus the deal was to good to pass up...

I'm waiting to find some srt-10 wheels for next to nothing...LOL

Question, what is the best size for a 22 tire with 2/4 drop.

·
Registered
31 Posts
naw man it's all good.

The deal was too sweet to let pass, I can deal with the rubbing( need to slow my azz down anyway :D )

I was thinking about a 305.....but I have this urge to do 22's on the front and 24's in the back

damn urges are hurting my pocket book

·
Registered
49 Posts
What size tire do you have on now?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I know, I meant what size is the tire not the rim. 2??/??/20

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Well if he has an 02 or 03 he likely has the 275/55-20"s, if its an 04-07 he has 275/60-20"s.

KB

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
So slammed, is there an air assist setup that will work with the Hotchkis leafs? I am needing them something fierce!!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
See right now i am using 305/45/22 and really dont want to have to buy new tires. The bottoming out is only in the front but the rear tires are hitting the inside of the fender peeling the outside of the tire. When it rubs you cant hear it and it only happens when i come off a big dip in the road making the truck sit higher in the front. As far as the ride I have considered air assist but wasnt sure wich route to go. How much does the kit run? Right now my main concern is me looseing these tires to this problem.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Which would be better, BellTech nitro active shocks or the Mcgaughy's air assist bag set-up?

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
The shocks wont prevent bottoming out,but will make the ride much much better.......the airiassist isnt used to make up the difference of bad shocks,but to add some support on the rear if needed.

You should always get the shock situation taken cae of first and then move on to the air assist.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.