DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had my Borla 40353 3" SI/SO muffler installed on Wednesday. I like it a lot. The video here doesn't do it justice because it sounds kinda poppy, and when driving it I hear none of that, plus the wind is like hurricane force outside. I really need to get an interior video when I take off, or have someone video me driving by.

Had I not been the one to have the muffler changed out, I never would have known that it is different from my previous. But since I know that it's been changed, I definitely notice the differences. At idle this thing sounds stock (at least inside) and when I get on it, it sounds pretty mean, but more controlled than the FM, instead of getting the raspy sound, I get a deep consistent sound. I notice that I have a little more giddy up under say 2200 RPM.

I have no resonators in my setup and get hardly any drone at all. You can certainly hear that it sounds like a Honda when its in MDS, but no worse than the FM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEft46CDOXk

Attachments

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Sound good & I hear they last forever!

·
13's when its cold out
1,547 Posts
Sounds pretty nice and quiet... if I dont like this muffler I got for my setup, I might switch over to that. I am pretty sure I will like mine, its what sawcut had as an old setup and at idle it was nice and quiet ( i want) but loud when the go go is pressed hard!

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
Sounds good to me, cant wait to my new borla put in next week.

·
Once and future owner
3,059 Posts
Nice. I've been leaning towards a Borla muffler for some time myself. I'm thinking of getting the single 3"in/out catback setup but man are they proud of them.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. I like the Borla more than the FM for sure. I liked being able to see straight through the muffler, whereas the FM looked like a black hole. The sound is great when I get on it but quiet on the highway and at idle. You won't be disappointed. I paid $98 with shipping for the thing and $30 to have it welded up, the catback price just didnt seem worth it.

I will try and get a video inside it, maybe tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Glad it worked out for you. A lot of people talk about lost low end with a Flowmaster on the HEMI trucks so I would say what you are feeling is a real gain and not just in your head. I would like to hear/see an in cab video.

·
Once and future owner
3,059 Posts
Do any of you happen to know what the part # is for the muffler that's used in Borla's #140186 cat back setup?

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have to go out in about an hour and will take my camera.

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
i'll be getting the 3" in/ 2.50" Dual out Borla Pro xs #40349 installed this week, Tuesday Hopefully. Thinking of going from 3" dia. tips to 3 1/2. I'll get some vids asap.

Heres a vid of Badblack4x4's 06 hemi with the same muffler im getting installed, with 3 1/2 tips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXAa21Ga7_c

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
got my 40349 single 3" in/2.50" dual out sintalled today, and awesome, love it. Will start a new thread soon with a couple vids.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.