DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MagnumRunner
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I'm Trying to modifiy a 318 Magnum. I was thinking about a .40 overbore and throwing in a comp cams solid cam, and some other machining. My biggest worry right now is the compression ratio and entire motor blowing up lol. than (of course) the right tranny.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
who builds anything to blow it up?
you are the control!
just gotta know what you are doing!

·
Pin it to win it
1,279 Posts
well if your off to the machine shop for bore, have it done right, have everything checked, crank and rods checked and balanced and put it back together correctly should be ok.

Cam depending might require new valve springs and a tune from someone depending on size and computer friendliness

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
i guess the appropriate question should be, what parts should i use? how much compression is still in a safe zone? not how do i build up my motor as to not blow it up. like everybody grenades the magnums? your going to need to be informed on the bare essentials in building up blocks! chrystler does use a quality block material high in nickle content and not prone to failure. over 600hp/ 600 lift- cast aluminum heads, many types of forced induction and endless compression ratios. there are 4 bolt main bearing kits, cap girdles, chainless timing gears and what not! really- there isnt any more limitations in a chrystler than any other make. you just need to know when to stop.

·
audio is my game
2,853 Posts
cam choice is going to play a huge role in compression ratio as well.
im running 10.5:1 static compression. but 7.5:1 dynamic on so far 11psi of boost. aiming for the 15psi area.
and why a solid cam?
hydraulic roller is going to make more power and have less resistance then a solid.
anyone can build an engine and make it run. it takes a certain person to build a reliable engine that makes good power.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.