DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been reading and reading and im more confused than when i started. i hope you guys can make some things a little clearer. is the diablo tuner able to tune blown hemis on our trucks yet or not ? does the diablo have an option to delete the signal from rear O2 sensors ? and what has to be done to the fuel system to run only 4 or 5 psi of boost ? another thing is i keep reading you cant go WOT past 2nd gear and no hard downshifts ???? how do you guys drive and race them without doing that ?

·
Boost, you say!?
1,304 Posts
From what I've read, Diablo still has issues with boosted LX cars and as far as I know nobody has tried on a truck.

Yes, Diablo can delete the rear O2 sensors. There are other ways to do this without a tuner.

The stock fuel system will handle 4 or 5 psi of boost with larger injectors. (Cobra blue injectors, SRT-4 Stage 0 or 1, etc.)

The transmission will be durable shifting from 1, 2, 3. If you hit overdrive (4, 5) under hard power, it is toast. By then you will probably going faster than 105mph anyway. Overdrive is also involved when the truck downshifts into 2nd as this is an alternate 2nd gear (2nd prime) and is no stronger than 4th and 5th. I don't think it will be long before Diablo and SCT will remedy this problem. It is wise to pull the lever into 2nd before you smash the gas pedal if you want to lay down 2nd gear rubber while rolling along.

·
Boost, you say!?
1,304 Posts
What have you got planned, if you don't mind me asking? Do you have all the components selected yet? I am due for a major hot side upgrade.

·
Meet Hemi!!
5,728 Posts
There is a guy in a Jeep that has a Vortech SuperCharger Running 11.50s all day long and its tuned with Diablo I believe . His screen name is YoungMedic. He is a real cool guy too. If I run across any of his post I'll send them to you guys.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
i will pm ya. one of my choices id like to stay kinda secret from another forum i go to for now
I take it you want to get into the 2nd atmosphere? I'm thinking Darell is. :D Diablo can't do that for ya. I know that the Procharger kits for the LX's, you can get the complete kit that comes with 8 larger injectors and a Diablo. It's only good for 6-8 psi.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
From what I've read, Diablo still has issues with boosted LX cars and as far as I know nobody has tried on a truck.

I'm not aware of Issues with boosted LX cars unless you mean running out of fuel system past about 6 psi. There are a ton of boosted LX's now.

No reason you can't run a two bar map on at truck too same as the LX. The fuel system will be the limit same as it is in the LX so you would need to do something there if you hit the limit in your fuel system.

·
Boost, you say!?
1,304 Posts
Can a 2bar be used directly without transmission control? Wouldn't the transmission think only half the engine load is there? (I know the fuel injectors can be scaled.) As for my truck, the plastic manifold never popped at 14 psi so I am going higher. I guess stand alone for me.

I admit, I haven't kept up on the latest tuner developments as none of it applies to me.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Can a 2bar be used directly without transmission control? Wouldn't the transmission think only half the engine load is there? (I know the fuel injectors can be scaled.) As for my truck, the plastic manifold never popped at 14 psi so I am going higher. I guess stand alone for me.

I admit, I haven't kept up on the latest tuner developments as none of it applies to me.
Won't be much of an issue with the trans. On the trucks the trans shift points are controlled from throttle position and out put speed sensors and then the line pressure is determined from estimated torque rating which is derived from airflow which is only influenced to a degree by MAP. So from a point that you will make more power with less throttle on a boosted vehicle it will lower the part throttle shift points some for daily driving but it won't affect WOT operation.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
"i have been reading and reading and im more confused than when i started. i hope you guys can make some things a little clearer. is the diablo tuner able to tune blown hemis on our trucks yet or not ? does the diablo have an option to delete the signal from rear O2 sensors ? and what has to be done to the fuel system to run only 4 or 5 psi of boost ? another thing is i keep reading you cant go WOT past 2nd gear and no hard downshifts ???? how do you guys drive and race them without doing that ?"

I'm not sure if if the sct flash works with the 05 yet, but I think it does.

Don't know about the diablo but I think it does.

I'm not sure why you are worried about the rear o2 sensors. I have stock sensors and cats, no problems, no codes.

You don't have to do anything with the fuel system to restrict boost. A decent turbo install includes a boost controller to restrict the boost.

About the trans under serious power. You can start from 1st gear and let it shift all the way like normal under full, boosted power (in the 1/4 mile I put it into t/h or od/off). The problem is hitting it from any gear higher than 2nd. The clutches in the 2nd Prime gear are weak and will break under big power. That means, don't hit it so it will downshift.

So your truck will kick azz as long as you don't hit it to downshift.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts

Time to step up to the plate with an EMS stand alone and a PSC trans contoller. That's the route I'm going with. :rck:

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Yeh, I'm not sure where the you can't run boost on diablo got started but thats not a problem. You can run 2 bar map and you can go WOT past 2nd gear also.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Yeh, I'm not sure where the you can't run boost on diablo got started but thats not a problem. You can run 2 bar map and you can go WOT past 2nd gear also.
Where did the "you cant go WOT past 2nd gear" come from?

Im running everything stock except srt4 injectors/MAP. In 3rd gear WOT AFR is like 10.9:1 with more injector to spare. The complete LX kits only come with 39.5 lbs injectors. I belive the SRT4's are 53lbs.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Where did the "you cant go WOT past 2nd gear" come from?

Im running everything stock except srt4 injectors/MAP. In 3rd gear WOT AFR is like 10.9:1 with more injector to spare. The complete LX kits only come with 39.5 lbs injectors. I belive the SRT4's are 53lbs.
Yeh, are they the stage 0 or stage 1 SRT4 injectors? They rate those at 3 bar so they need to be converted to 59 PSI rates but the stage 1's should support a decent ammount of boost I know they run out on an LX at about 8-10 psi though.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Yeh, are they the stage 0 or stage 1 SRT4 injectors? They rate those at 3 bar so they need to be converted to 59 PSI rates but the stage 1's should support a decent ammount of boost I know they run out on an LX at about 8-10 psi though.
When I bought them, they were spec'd at 577cc's @ 58 psi.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.