DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Auto Meter boost gauge and installed the T fitting in the vacuum line like the directions said, but obviously it's acting as a vacuum gauge, not a boost gauge. They didn't give me near enough hose to run to my waste gate line, but I assume that's where I need to install the T. Any help along with a pic or two would sure be helpful. Also, should I run the gauge light off the headlight switch? If so, which fuse is that? Also, one more thing, my tranny temp sensor... where do I install it? The directions say that I may need to drill a hole in the pan and weld or braze a bushing to it. I'm hoping that's BS and I can install it somewhere else. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
My boost line is connected to a fitting in the intake tube.
What year truck?

·
Registered
41 Posts
On my 2002 CTD..I installed the vacuum line on a fittinng in the intake,right behind the fuel filter,had to make a fitting.I had to reduce it from like 3/4inch to 1/8inch i believe.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I've thought about doing mine that way, do you think there would be a different reading?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
My intake "gooseneck" on the drivers side of the motor has a drilled & tapped hole with a fitting screwed in by the previous owner and plumbed to the boost gauge.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was going to install the line into the intake,but didnt feel like drilling it,so i found the fitting behind the fuel pump forum and decided that would be easier,To be honest i dont think there would be a different reading since its still in the intake.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Ok, here's a pic of mine of mine taken from the passenger side of the engine bay...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm just going to drill and tap the intake. How much boost should my HX-35W make? My gauge only goes up to 30psi. Also, I'm planning on twin turbos after a few more mods, I'm assuming they'll make more than 30 psi, so where can I buy higher pressure boost gauges?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
You should see right at 20 psi boost with stock injectors and no module.

What's yer lift pump fuel pressure?

·
Registered
2 Posts
there is a spot ih the side of the intake by the pressure line for the afc. take the 1/8'' plug out. you can hook the gauge there.you should have about 18 to 20 psi boost

·
96 2500 cummins
51 Posts
genos garage has hollow bolts you replace an intake bolt i think and the 1/8 fitting goes in side it. but i just used the 1/8 plug in the intake on my 96

·
Older, but no wiser.
989 Posts
I rempved the tube comming from the intecollor and drilled and taped a hole. Whiped out the shavings and installed a compression fitting. I get 20 to 23# normally. As for powering the backlight, I probed the wires at the switch for the dimmer and T taped it there so they would dim with the dash lights. I have the autometer Lunars and they look cool with the dash lights.
As for higher pressure gages, Geno's has 30/60/and 100# gages. Even some that are 2 gages in one bezel to save space.
Chris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.