DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
01Blu2500Cummins24V
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very new to Diesel so bare with me - I have a 2001 Ram 5.9L 24V, earlier today I drove my truck and parked it. Got back in and noticed when I was accelerating I was rollin coal out like crazy which is not like my truck. I know that indicated un-burnt fuel. Also, it boggs way down like I have a lot of weight being pulled, which I was not.

I do have a quadzill adrenaline chip and had the tuner set at 4 of 10 which i have it set on for normal everyday driving. I did put extra speakers in my truck and I thought the power wire might have been drawing to much power or screwing with it so I unplugged it and tried again and still the same. I can still hear the turbo as well...

Any help...? Like I said, I am new to the Diesel world so I might not understand everything so a little explanation might be in order :confused:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Yes, install a clamp there, test ride then give us an update.

·
01Blu2500Cummins24V
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Last night, I went to put a new clamp on, just some crap one from lowes for a temp fix until I could get to a dealership for the right one or find one on the Internet (haven't had time to search) but I got the wrong size clamp and as I was taking it off I noticed the original on there still. Loosened it and tightened it back up and she back to screamin again.

Thank you, just don't know a whole lot yet still trying to figure stuff out.

If you got any tips or anything for me, any thing will help.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.