DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a quick question here. I recently decided to debadge my truck and install the large vertical stripe on the rear like the rumble bees. Here's the problem.... I started pulling the moulding off (only the pass. door so far), and lo and behold, some of the paint came with it and the paint is bubbled up (rust?) under the moulding. The truck is a '95 and the moulding is in pretty rough shape. That's why I decided to debadge. It was peeling up at the edges, there was a large amount of dirt under them, and the chrome strip is almost completely gone. I have changed my mind about debadging because the truck will look worse after (unless I paint it). The problem now is that the old moulding is pretty much beyond repair and I can't get it to stick back on. I have tried everything including the moulding tape from a local body shop. Does anyone have any idea how much the dealer charges for this moulding? I am trying to convince the wife that I need to spend the money even though I should have left it alone in the first place. But, it's Labor day weekend and I can't call the dealer until tuesday. Anybody replaced the stuff recently? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.