DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have went up in tire sizes..again to 37X13.50's. I have a Rough Country lift right now (yes its clearing the tires with ease) BUT.. I dont really like the angle of my CV axles. So, I am going to buy a 3 inch body lift and then lower my axles back down to a decent level.

With that said, I am taking some precautionary notes on what I should do and look for when I do the body lift. I have most break lines already detached since I have a Suspension lift. And from what I understand, PA has a newer 3 inch body lift out correct? Anyone have any input...it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
292 Posts
i installed a 3" PA body lift on my ram a few months ago. Did it myself with no help. The PA kit comes with everything you need. The first few pages basically tells ya what to loosen off the frame so it dont break when you seperate the body from the frame. Steering extension was actually simple (that was my first worries) Basically took both bumpers off. Undid stuff from the frame. had to pull the fan shroud off and extend it 3"'s by cutting it in half and bolting in a filler peice.

There was something for the park brake but i couldnt get mine off so i didnt, lol, no problems. Kit comes with an extension for the gas filler line (which i also didnt use) My 4x4 is actually electronic knob so i didnt do anything there.

After that, its basically loosening one side of the body bushing bolts then take off bolts on the other side, jack up body with a floor jack and a 4x4, put in 3" spacers, add loctite to bolts and put in, repeat for other side.

Kit comes with bumper brakets and spare tire winch extensions (rear bumper goes up 3"s so the tire winch has to aswell) Front bumper required some grinding and so did the fromt frame rails to get the bumper to fit right. (was a bitch doing the front bumper by myself cause of the awkwardness)

Instructions PA kit came with made it pretty well straight forward. first body lift i ever did and came out great. If you dont have them, i reccomend buying the rear wheel well liners from dodge as it will cover up the gap in the back between the frame and the bed. ( The Gap Guards that PA sells are ugly imo )

Tools i used

-assortment of combination wrenches
-floor jack
-peice of wood ( 4x4 )
-socket set
-angle grinder for bumper and frame

pretty well sums it up. kit comes with some crush blocks that need to be welded in the back ( i still never got around to that, and not to worried about it )

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW...awesome response!! Thanks very much for your time. I look to be ordering it this week. I will let you know the result. My friend and I are going to tackle it. He has done 2 body lifts and 3-4 suspension lifts so I think we will be good. Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
No problem, Be sure to post pics when your done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.