DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
25,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my truck has gone through a couple changes here lately.
First off a set of 315 70 17 kumho road venture AT tires.
then I added a set of prestige fender flares from ebay seller - heavydutytrucks. Nicely fit flares for a good price. fast shipping and quick email responses. I paid $179 for the set shipped. On the flares though and I have found out other manufacturers use the same clips but they are a PIA and rusted fast. i opted to screw my flares on where you were to use clips instead on the inner lip.
Over this weekend My buddies rubber frog , big chuck and I and in welding rubberfrogs friend scott got together in VA and dug into installing the bodylift.
The body lift was purchased from Henson performance and Art gave me fast reliable service as always and a great price on it. IF you all want something Pm Art or post in his forum if its not listed on his site he can still get other stuff. I have never had a bad transaction or delayed responses from Henson performance. Top notch group of people in my book!!!

Now next week on the 13th I drop my truck off and I get the front clip stripped and repainted. When I hit a deer over a yr ago I got bad paint and Sikkenz is standing by their product and redoing it for me free of charge. When this is done I will then come out with a painted grille shell as well.

Special thanks to rubberfrog for the weekend hospitality and your time. you are a friend and a brother in my book!!! Friends like you are hard to come by!

YEs people we made a video of the lift process so don't ask LOL When he gets it all edited he will post it up.

I guess the dirty truck photos go here. Sorry I drove there in a heavy downpour and my truck was a mess. I will post clean photos after the new paint is done.

Attachments

·
Registered
25,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more

Attachments

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
where are the pix of it out in the sun

·
Registered
164 Posts
bl

great looking truck, nice looking tires.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
awesome craig....how long did it take?

·
Registered
25,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
awesome craig....how long did it take?
we worked on and off from about 1 pm to 10 pm on fri. then dove into it again on sat from like 8-9 am till 5pm then on start up the alternator bearing blew out so we found a alt 1/2 hour away and dove into that. Ran into issues there and at 10 pm called it quits and retackled it in the morning and got that worked out.
Note for people on the alt. file the edge of the mounting holes on the block and spray with wd 40 to get the alt on or you will be pissed as hell. Trust us.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
we worked on and off from about 1 pm to 10 pm on fri. then dove into it again on sat from like 8-9 am till 5pm then on start up the alternator bearing blew out so we found a alt 1/2 hour away and dove into that. Ran into issues there and at 10 pm called it quits and retackled it in the morning and got that worked out.
Note for people on the alt. file the edge of the mounting holes on the block and spray with wd 40 to get the alt on or you will be pissed as hell. Trust us.
nothing is ever easy is it? :thatfunny

·
Registered
25,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nothing is ever easy is it? :thatfunny
Not for me bro. When I heard it froggy and chuck knew to walk away and let me be for a little. I was about to throw a wrench through the window of the truck. 4x in 4 weeks something went. first was the pinion bearing next was the hub bearing then the egr went now the alt. I sure cant win lately

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
Not for me bro. When I heard it froggy and chuck knew to walk away and let me be for a little. I was about to throw a wrench through the window of the truck. 4x in 4 weeks something went. first was the pinion bearing next was the hub bearing then the egr went now the alt. I sure cant win lately
I know the feeling man.....all to well

1 - 20 of 122 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.