DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 3 in. body lift for my 2000 sport. Anyone done it before, anything to look out for or suggestions to make it easier? I read that you dont need to extend the 4 wheel drive shifter, but you do need to extend the shift linkage for the tranny. How difficult is that?

·
Registered
413 Posts
There are also some steering shaft issues when lifting the body. I prefer suspension lifts.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i know about the steering extensions and all that. Ive done body lifts before with other trucks, but ive never had to extend the transmission shift linkage, thats what i'm worried about.

·
Registered
413 Posts
You will have to weld in an extension, that is what we had to do to extend the shift rod. This should have come with the body lift kit. If not just put in a piece the same size and about the same length as you lifted your body. We cut the shift rod at the straightest part and welded in the 3" piece we needed, then you have to do some minor adjusting to make it work properly. Make sure you mark the rod so it will have the bend in the correct direction.

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
You dont have to extend the t case lever, but you do have to extend the tranny linkage. Cut and weld in the new piece. Also for your truck you dont have to worry about relocating the E brake cables either.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i was reading the instructions a little more carefully and there is a separte sheet for the 2000 models that talks about mounting a bracket instead of welding the extension for the tranny linkage.

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
You have to mount the bracket AND weld in the extension also
Dodge changed the shift linkage in 00

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.