DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
A headlight conversion maybe? Without remolding metal, you won't get anything that looks newer though. And a body kit is really not going to make your truck look newer unless you're painting the whole truck.

Big Joe SS/T said:
go buy a new ram. body kits are for cars. there is no way to make your ride look like a new one with out the sheetmetal work.

·
GROUNDED
2,944 Posts
If your not doing the body mods your self you will spend about as much as it would cost to buy a new ram.

you would need to get 2 new ram fenders, cut out the headlight buckets, remove your stock headlight metal and trim fender then weld the new ones in and metal finish them.

you would need to get a new hood and remove the front of it and section it to fit width wise and then install new grille. ( this may involve a new core support)

the bumper itself may have to be sectioned to fit too due to width.

the rear end needs to get the same kind of treatment as the front end as far as the taillights go. lots of cutting welding and metal finishing.

on top of all this work your going to need it to be prepped for paint with bodywork which depending on the quality of the job could be more then the paint job itself will cost and then you have to paint it which is like a 2k min.

so if you think its worth it go for it but months of downtime and thousands of dollars.

·
GROUNDED
2,944 Posts
No pics of the 5/7 its like the 4/6 just a little lower. its a spindle w/3" drop spring in the front. and a flip and shackle in the rear. if it was me i would go the cheap way and get the 5" front drop from belltech, then get the djm flip kit for 200 and get the belltech trans x member for 100. it will be around 1100 shipped because the spindles are like 500 and the coils are under 100.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm all about going all the way if you're gonna do something. If you're gonna drop it, DROP IT, otherwise leave it. I'm not really a fan of the dropped look on trucks BUT a dropped Ram looks way better than the traditional S10 that everyone else drops, it by far looks better than any other truck dropped.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ya everyone has a dropped s10. My friend does actually. So I think ill drop it. I might go with the 4/6 though. I dont want it laying to low.

What about engine mods guys? You know basic things right now then well step up to the chargers.

I also was thinking about neons but a buddy said there illegal while moving. News to me. Guess im alittle slow. Ive seen them rolling down here in melbourne florida though

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Only illegal in certain colors (i.e. blue, red.) They are not illegal as far as I know, and I live in WPB area, about 70 miles south of Melbourne. I see them all the time at night driving around. Might want to check with FHP about it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks a bunch. I wanted red or blue....go figure.

Ok so im still looking for engine mods and exhaust help. I want either borla or bassani. I would perfer bassani. My friend said glass works though.

·
Registered
208 Posts
lol i have red under mine and i got a $150 ticket for them, the cop said as long as i was parked they were ok but when i was moving they had to be turned off

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.