·
Banned
3,902 Posts
No clue. Looks interesting...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Socket GPS Navigation Kit

Hi. I have a Socket GPS Navigation Kit with bluetooth technology. I bought it for use with my Dell Axim X50v pocket PC. It is great because I can set the small gps receiver on my dash. No wires. It beams to my pocket PC and gives voice directions. It came with my Navigator software. Google for it and check out the website.

I take it on business trips and get instant GPS navigation in any vehicle i ride in or rent. It is great. You could even use it hiking and backpacking if you wanted to.

Anyway, it was about $280.00 plus my pocket PC was the top of the line and was $600. You could get a much cheaper pocket PC for about $350 from dell and it will work just fine.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I had a similar setup with my Dell Axim. It was the Dell branded bluetooth GPS system and it used Navteq software ... worked really well. After I used it for the first time, I knew I would always have GPS in my vehicle. The only thing that bugged me was having a big suction cup mount on my windshield, and wires all over the place ... which is the reason I have the RB1 now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No wires for me....

I hate the wires issue. That is why I am going to buy a powered-vehicle mount for my dell that will place it just to the right of my steering wheel near the A/C vent. Right now I just lay the Axim on my center console and listen for the voice commands. It rocks.

Later,
Keith

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.