DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where to get the euro style blue headlight bulbs for my 2005 Durango? I have been to may auto parts places and no one seems to know or says they don't exist!?

Help... thanks

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
You can get them all over eBay for about $10-15 a pair. They won't last long however....so I recommend Sylvania SilverStars. They are expensive...about $40 a pair but last A LOT LONGER and are BRIGHT. I have had 2 pairs of Euros....both lasted less than 6 months. The SS's are going on 4 months and no probs.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Bright White

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
The blue bulbs you want....look blue in the headlight, but the light YOU see is the same as the SS's - white, but the SS's are BRIGHTER. Get the SS's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was told by auto zone and others they are not available for the 2005 durango... is this right?

I also want them for the driving (Fog Lights)...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok, thanks... I guess they don't have them as i was told... bummer... please let me know if and when anyone hears about them

Thanks

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
there are indeed no aftermarket H13 bulbs w/ the "blue" look....you can replace the fogs though, they are a 9005 i think...check the manual...see my sig, i went w/ PIAA bulbs in my fogs....

·
Registered
758 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
goathead75 said:
Somebody should get these and post their impressions on them. :D I had some blue tinted glass bulb 9007 in my old 99 durango and it had a very nice white light. The bad thing about those bulbs was that it didnt illuminate the road that well when it was raining or when the roads were wet. I wonder if the diamond back style headlights on our new Durangos make a difference compared to the older 1st gen Durangos.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I've heard a lot about the tinted bulbs and how they aren't great in the rain and all that. The article attached was pretty good explaining it. I had a set of Silver Stars in my '03 D and loved them. They were just bright white rather than blue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.