DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 03 quad cab with 30500 miles and the blower motor started making a loud humming noise. has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Hate to dig up an old thread but mine started doing this this morning. its a loun humming noise that increases with the speed of the blower.

·
2013 Laramie Power Wagon
2,024 Posts
My '05 Power Wagon does it once in a while, I usually just turn it off and back on again and it stops or goes away by itself. Sounds like its vibrating or off balance at times..

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
I have found that if you overstuff your glove box with napkins,sweet-n-low packages,or other small papaer products that somehow these small papers get sucked from the glove compartment into the blower motor squirrel cage........I am fixing to have to drop mine again because mine is humming again.........the first few times I found napkins from restraunts in there. I dont know why or how it gets there but this is the only answer I have found.......takes just a few minutes to remove and inspect.........while a tech at the dealer I removed some blower motors only to find a dead field mouse....or other small rodents in customers trucks.

·
Registered
12,551 Posts
had the same problem, pulled the blower motor out and found a leave stuck in the fins, problem solved!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.