DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted about my blower motor before it only works on high what should I be testing I need to get this fixed fast...Relay, Resistor (where is this located), switch??

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone??

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
VERY good question. I can honestly say I havent heard of this ever here (Not to say it hasnt been posted about). Try posting this in the Interior Exterior section as well.

Oh and also.. St Pete was where I was born and raised! Still have family in bradenton and Anna Marie

·
Registered
199 Posts
Section 24 - Heating and Air Conditioning, subsection "Controls" lists a full diagnostic of the blower motor resistor block. It's located on the passenger's side, bottom of the HVAC box. The blower motor wire is plugged into it.

BTW, the '03 Factory Service Manual can be found in PDF form on the Hemitruckclub web site. It's really close to the '02.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
OK well thank you jeff that really helped!!! I took the wire out I am guess its the plug that goes straight up and has 4 prongs on it?? only one of them had power going to it the brown wire with a strip thought it?? But I found something else there is a clipped wire?? I am pretty sure its not suppost to be like this but I dont know how it got clipped?? no one but me has worked on this truck since I have owned it?

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
I checked the circuit drawing in the '03 manual. It appears that +12 is
supplied to the blower motor on the dark green wire from the "ignition on" circuit.
The black with tan tracer wire from the blower motor goes to the resistor block and
to the dash control. The resistor block also has light blue, light green,
and tan wires that run to the dash control. The dash control controls the circuit ground
thru the resistor block. That provides the speeds (more resistance = less voltage = lower speed).
Check if that stray green wire might have been connected onto the resistor block connector.

Hope this helps.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,674 Posts
Go buy yourself a Blower Motor resistor. It is a guaranteed fix! Promise!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.