DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan RT 3.6L V6. My blower motor during the winter would intermittently shut off. A few month ago, it stopped turning on at all. I changed my blower motor, resistor, fuse, and relay but it still doesn't work. I used my multimeter to check for voltage coming out of the connector into the blower motor but there's none. I also checked the voltage of the plug that goes into the wire harness right behind the glove box. There is only one wire in that plug which has an output of 4.96 volts, and the rest have none. I'm not sure what to do about this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE
I got a TIPM from the junkyard for $30 that looked in really good condition. I swapped it with my current one, and it turns out that my motor blower now receives voltage and works perfectly fine.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Good job! Did you have to reprogram the TIPM at all? Or just swapped it in? How hard was it to remove and install the TIPM? Any tips?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good job! Did you have to reprogram the TIPM at all? Or just swapped it in? How hard was it to remove and install the TIPM? Any tips?
I swapped a different TIPM in. It was pretty easy to swap it. It’s on the right side when you open the hood. If you open the top cover there are the fuses. Disconnect the ground with a 13mm socket. Under the box there are 7 plugs which you need to disconnect. That’s going to be the hardest part. But take your time on it so you don’t break the plastic. The plugs have different ways of pulling them off so you need to look at each on and see. Once it’s off, get a new TIPM and follow the procedure in reverse. It is also important to not that you should take a wire brush and clean the corrosion off of the ground contact.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts