DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know.. some of you are thinking "WTF, a BOV in a truck?.. what are you thinking.. blah blah blah". Most people talk sh*t about the idea, but I'm an import kinda guy (no rice rocket status though). I have an STS Turbo Kit on my 1500 Hemi and I am looking for a BOV. I just think the spool w/ the turbo sounds a lot more beasty than the turbo alone. A HKS SSQ BOV is what I had in mind. Any suggestions on what BOV would work best and, most importantly, fit. So say what you want.. I know BOVs hardly do anything for performance, but I do need your help!!!

·
Boost, you say!?
1,304 Posts
I am using a Tial 50mm BOV and honestly, it is pretty much useless. Automatic transmissions won't even open it unless the engine is near redline and you snap the throttle shut. If you listen carefully, you can hear it (in the cab) but outside the noise from the engine and exhaust is 10x louder than the 'whooosh'. The wastegate is an entirely different matter.

Edit: The Tial is an excellent valve, just useless with an auto trans.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I agree and I have the same blow off valve.

Maybe you are thinking about the wastegate?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BOVs

so do you know of any BOVs that will produce that "pssshhh" sound for an auto tranny 1500? Performance wise, I could care less.. I really just want that sound to accent my turbo.. like a TT Supra MKIV w/ a BOV. Along those lines.. hah, if possible.

·
Boost, you say!?
1,304 Posts
There are electric speakers that make the 'pssshhh' sound. The problem is the throttle doesn't close between shifts and there isn't any air pressure to let out.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Get a turbo xs-rfl I here they are the loudest so all the 16yo kids will think you have the coolest truck on the planet. What a waste of money. RICE!!

The sts turbos are designed to withstand the compressor surge anyways.

·
Boost, you say!?
1,304 Posts
Ease up guys, he just asked a simple question. There certainly are a hell of a lot more useless posts on this site. (75%) At least it's entertaining.:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.