DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck just started not blowing very well out of the vents. You can here the air blowing hard but nothing comes out.

I searched for it and it looks like it was a common problem in the 06's. Problem is there was no how-to fix it and everyone else said it would be like 600 dollars to fix and I don't have that money to spend right now.

Can I fix it on my own? Or do I have to take it to the dealership?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I just read another post that said it is the recirc door and its not so hard to fix...does anyone have a thread or know how to fix it?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
??

·
6.05 at 54.66 in the dirt
916 Posts
Had to do my wifes 05 recirc door, it came asan updated box. I dont know boutan 06 but the 05 we had to pull the dash.Took bout 4 hours.

·
Registered
660 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it that hard?!? If I wanted to just rig it up should it be shut or open?

·
6.05 at 54.66 in the dirt
916 Posts
If its like mine was the door snapped off and it was to close to the support frame for the dash to do anything without the dash slid out a few inches. I really cant say if the 06 doors are the same as the 05s.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well from what I read you can get to it with just taking the glove box off..... Problem is once I get in there Im not sure what I should do...

·
Registered
621 Posts
I just removed the blower fan from the bottom of the box (3 screws), then fished out the recirc. door. For now, I just have duct tape over the cabin-side of the air box so I only get fresh air, but in the future I'll install that heater treater metal door. The important thing is to get the broken door out because it's blocking air flow from the blower fan. Took ten minutes, and was free!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.