DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm confused :huh: . . . I have seen some posts talking about two different red colors. Can someone explain this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
290 Posts
D.C. changed the color code of the red's sometime in late 05'.the two colors are a shade different.i forgot what name they call the new red.i got mine in dec. 05' and the color i ordered was inferno red.waited an extra month for them to get the color mix correct.

·
Registered
367 Posts
yeah, the early 2005 (made in early 2004) magnums and I think the 300s both used a different shade of red (I don't call it red, looks like a wine color to me execpt in photos). I don't know why they stopped using one shade over the other. I HEARD that it had something to do with durability issues or issues of it's sticking to the car.....but this probably isn't true. I would THINK that it would have been more of a supply and demand issue. So they switched paint colors to be able to get more of what they wanted. They should have switched to fire red in my opinion.

With Ford and GM already in trouble.....some really hot vibrant color options on these cars and the new Charger could boost sales even more dramatically. Now is the time for DC to flaten Ford cause the Cobra sure isn't gonna make a strike :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
The early Inferno reds had a red tinted clear coat. This was time consuming and costly for the factory to change from the red tinted clear coat to the real clear coat for all the other colors. They came up with a new red that used a true clear coat. This is what they have been using since Sept, Oct 2004 time frame. Original Red was Inferno Red Tinted Pearl coat, new color is Inferno Red Crystal Pearl coat.

·
Registered
365 Posts
MyRT said:
The early Inferno reds had a red tinted clear coat. This was time consuming and costly for the factory to change from the red tinted clear coat to the real clear coat for all the other colors. They came up with a new red that used a true clear coat. This is what they have been using since Sept, Oct 2004 time frame. Original Red was Inferno Red Tinted Pearl coat, new color is Inferno Red Crystal Pearl coat.
I've seen some that are called "Blaze Red," on the sticker. What's up with this color?

·
Registered
608 Posts
They should just rename the color "Cop Attracter".

·
Registered
290 Posts
nooo!! thats just a myth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.