DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to figure out what i should do, go black or stay with what i have?? let me know what you think, and if anyone can photoshop my wheels to black it would be awesome! (these pics are before my mods, and thats not me in the pic its the guy i bought it from, i took these pictures the day i bought the truck at the guys house)

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
i like the aluminum on your truck. polish em up nice and seal em and they are good to go! black seems like too much contrast on the white - maybe a smoked finish would look good. either way, truck looks good!

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
Yep polish them

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
whats the best way to polish them? i have used MOTHERS to clean them, and got noticable results. Anything else you guys recommend?

·
Be Cool!
985 Posts
I'd go with bright, polished aluminum.

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
Did you ask them to try to do a photoshop with them polished. They might be able to do that, i've seen them do some cool stuff.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no i didn't try that, i had no clue they could even do that. ill definitely ask around and see if someone could do that for me.

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
I use the mothers power ball and the polishing compound they have if real tarnished will have to use super fine sand paper first.

·
Registered
203 Posts
light steel wool works on badly tarnished wheels, too. i second the mothers powerball - probably the best thing ever made! i never use sandpaper, but i would imagine if you just wanted to remove oxidation then 800-1000 grit would work.

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
Yeah I would start with the highest grit you can find but try the other stuff first.

·
Board Breaker TKD
1,547 Posts
I use PPC Alluminum polish. Works for fixing faded headlights too.
My roll bar
Before

During

After

Faded headlights

And my dads rims, trim, and bumpers.

·
Board Breaker TKD
1,547 Posts
My roll bar took an hour or so. The headlight was 10 minutes, and the red truck as half hour.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
anyone know how much it would be if i got them professionally sanded down and powder coated black??? (in case i do decide to go with black)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.