DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After working with Black Ops Auto Works we have developed an agressive lowering coil spring package that should be released to the public in the next 2-3 weeks. Total drop on the Durango RT was 1.25" in the front and 2.5 in the rear. I know the drop won't be for anyone but for those looking to do this, I know they will be thrilled. Ride quality is same as before and confident, not jarring. Will post more as I do some more testing and B.O.A.W. gets things ready for production.
Please excuse the ugly weather photos... As soon as it clears up I'll get some much better ones.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
The R/T should of came this WAY!

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
The R/T should of came this WAY!
x2 on that, it looks sweet!! May be a dumb question since I am new to my Durango, but it'll work on Crew models right?

Depending on price, I'm in :rck:

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Did you get an alignment done after this? The rear wheels are on the negative camber side pretty heavily.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are 3.4°neg. This is after alignment and to be expected with a drop this low. We are looking at a set of billet control arms to correct the camber.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
That's hot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Been waiting for the coil manufacturer to redesign the rear with a little more spring rate and unfortunately it's taking a bit longer than anticipated. I'll update as soon as I know more.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Eibach? I'm guessing no since us 2nd Gen D owners had about a month window, two different times to get the rear springs from Eibach for our rides, they are very picky about the Dodges they make products for and given the very, very soft (perceived) aftermarket demand for the 3rd Gen D's good luck!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
bump
chirp chirp
haha, very true. I see about as much as action in this 3rd Gen Durango section as I would at a retirement home. I get frustrated by the amount of action in the 2nd Gen forum and with the 2nd Gen aftermarket situation but this 3rd Gen forum is bogus, I guess the majority of the buyers are women/non modders/etc. Which is fine, just a little disappointing. You have to create the aftermarket for your make/model, to a degree, if it's not a mass produced vehicle. By that I mean if enough people call/email companies like Eibach, K&N, etc. you'd be surprised how that spurs the aftermarket. Back in '04-'05 when I got my D I was part of the push for both Eibach springs and a K&N FIPK, I got some of the first parts of their respective assembly lines for the 2nd Gen Durango, just saying it can be done.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.