DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Halo Headlights

1K views 50 replies 19 participants last post by  MeanThree18 
#1 ·
Who's got these lights installed on their trucks? I'd like to see a few pics if you've got 'em. I love the style, and think it would look great with my white truck.

Thoughts?

See less See more
#2 ·
I think those look awesome. WOuld love to see how they look on your truck, and yes I think the White/Black combo is the best combo besides all black. I would love to see those on a 2nd gen all black too.

#3 ·
OMG those are INSANE!!! Could you do me a favor and see if there are any for a 2003 durango? I am definitally getting them lol (when they are turned on do they look like the circles?) <- similar to a skyline

#4 · (Edited)
Here's a quick PhotoChop hack! I'm hoping the "PhotoManipulator" can do better than I can on this. I couldn't get the angles right, and the perportions are way off (so is my spelling I think). Anyway, here's an idea of what it would look like (I suck at PhotoShop). Even though this Chop kinda sucks, I'm loving the way the lights REALLY set off the truck. Almost gives the truck a mean ass grin. May order these tomorrow!

#5 ·
01_OffRoad said:
Here's a quick PhotoChop hack! I'm hoping the "PhotoManipulator" can do better than I can on this. I couldn't get the angles right, and the perportions are way off (so is my spelling I think). Anyway, here's an idea of what it would look like (I suck at PhotoShop). Even though this Chop kinda sucks, I'm loving the way the lights REALLY set off the truck. Almost gives the truck a mean ass grin. May order these tomorrow!

lookin good Clay. i say go for it:D

#7 ·
where u gettin um from

#10 ·
Don't quote me on the 50 state legal thing, but they're supposed to have the DOT stamp on 'em - they SHOULD be legal. I found them and several very similar ones on ebay. The lights are about $140+/- plus another $40+/- for shipping. Supposed to be a plug and play deal.

#11 ·
I think I've seen some threads recently where people were having trouble getting these to work, like they weren't all plug and play like the description said.

#12 ·
For example, some people could not get the high beams to work, something with the wiring. I myself am waiting for a fix or wiring diagram to be posted before persuing some projectors.

#13 ·
I think I remember what your talking about. But I can't remember if those trucks that were having the problems were Sport packaged trucks, or non-sports. Difference being the headlights. With the Sport Package, there's 4 headlights, but only two on the non-sports. These obviously have 4 headlights which could cause issues for the non-sports.

#15 ·
If I remember right it was a ground issue. I think they would look good on a black truck too. My headlights are really faded and getting water in them somehow, so I may be upgrading too.

#17 ·
I have a sport and I like them, but I don't want to run into any issues. Let me know what happens!

#18 ·
If they had those with the full chrome package inside, I might consider them - with some modifications.

The extra LEDs and the Halo portion of the lights would have to be disabled though... they're a little too 'Ghey' for my truck. Sorry if that offends - the extra bling's just not my bag. Same with Altezza-style rears no thanks.

Take some Mother's Mag & Wheel polish to the factory lenses and scrub the piss out of 'em. It'll clean up the 'yellow haziness' a good bit - if not make it go away altogether. You'll need to do this periodically though to keep the 'yellow haziness' at bay.

Hey - if that's what'cha like - go for it.

#19 ·
They've got chrome available.... but chrome isn't my thing. Different strokes fer different folkes.

#20 ·
Those things are awesome, I'd say go for them too.

#21 ·
tailights

these would be great to go with the halo's. only if they made them for our model

#22 ·
01_OffRoad said:
They've got chrome available.... but chrome isn't my thing. Different strokes fer different folkes.
Well cool then. I might check into the chromies for myself at some point. (I only like the chrome because it more closely resembles the reflective surfaces of the stock headlights)

But I'll probably cave and just buy some replacement lights.

And like I said, if that's whatcha like, go for it. They'd actually look better on your truck than mine because of the greater contrast. I'm still not too keen on the halo bit though. Good luck wiring them.

#23 ·
I have black 01 ram sport w/halo projector, all chrome. You guys heard right about some problems...leds go out fairly quick, halos look clean, and both can be wired or not if you don't like that look. As far as aiming headlights, good luck. I broke both sides of the aiming bolt hold-downs as they need to be cut open for adjustments to be made. Very frustrating but I will say this...they are tight as hell after install. Make the front end stand out a lot now. Only thing I REALLY don't like, you either have low or high, and when using high, can't really see so good. I am looking for a way to convert to both high and low on when in high mode. If I need the highs, I have to hold the switch so they both stay on. Check out my gallery for pics. I have green turn signal bulbs, and you can see the halo and leds lit up. (green side bulbs very illegal, but I haven't yet had to deal with that...tint is also WAY too dark, so when the day comes, the cop is gonna have a field day on my ass!) Hope this helps all you guys. All in all, I like the style of the all chrome, as my tails are all chrome also. Got em off eBay for around $180 shipped. Oh yea, they are plug n play with exception of only low or high at once. If any more details needed, pm me and I will tell you more of what you need to know.

#25 ·
I'm pretty sure they work for sports or non-sports. I'm not too into the flashy stuff, but since my factory ones need replaced anyways I might as well get something a little different. I kinda like the black non-projector ones, they even have a package with smoke LED taillights. Anyone got pictures of the black projectors installed?

#26 ·
ive got the exact same ones in meh Beast... no pix, as i cant find my camera...
theyre a pain to put in, cuz you hafta take the bumper off to get em in (at least i did), but its worth it. looks badass and i can see the road... and theyre not even aimed yet... beware of the brights tho... it shames other hi beams...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.