DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Boom goes the dynamite
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was recently thinking i want a black grille, i have the factory chrome outer and 4 inner parts, does anyone make a black grille shell and inserts, if not what is the easiet way to paint them where it will look good? also does anyone know if anyone on here has a black grille guard or like those westin bull bars?

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
what year truck do you have?

·
Boomer Sooners
669 Posts
you could possibly swap with someone the st trucks are flat black from the factory and easy to paint. if you have an 07-08 then maybe we can work something out. you wont have to strip it. sand, prime, paint. look on ebay for the bull bars i think they are like 250.00 maybe cheaper.

·
Boom goes the dynamite
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have an 07 with the chrome shell, i was also wondering if i could just get a shell from a sport b/c i believe those are black. i would like a black shell and inserts i just don't know what would be cheaper.

·
Boomer Sooners
669 Posts
the sport shells are already painted so probably not. i think the st grills are in demand because they are a flat black andyou wont have to strip the chrome off. i have no idea what it would cost to paint one though

·
Premium Member
22,962 Posts
I painted a friends of mine..

It was an ST grill though.

I am getting ready to paint my chrome grill. I may do a write up on that....

·
Boomer Sooners
669 Posts
i wish they would rattle can my paint code(pxr) duplicolor said that the code must be at least 10% of the manufacturers production. i would do so much more if i had a compressor and hplv gun.

·
Registered
23,004 Posts
i wish they would rattle can my paint code(pxr) duplicolor said that the code must be at least 10% of the manufacturers production. i would do so much more if i had a compressor and hplv gun.
Check your local dealer. Last I knew of you could get any paint code in a spray can for like $10. Thats where i picked up a can when I was painting a few small things.

KB

Attachments

·
14 Express
261 Posts
I just picked up a set of factory Dodge black grill inserts from an 08 TRX4 off of eBay. Going to change from the chrome inserts to the black when the weather gets a little warmer. My chrome inserts will be up for grabs when I change over.

·
Devil's Advocate
8,198 Posts
Wow I didn't know you could get factory paint in a spray can! Thanks for the tip guys, I know that I will be doing some paint soon now!

06QuadRam: A how-to on the process you use to paint your chrome grille would be awsome, I'd like to read it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got mine Rhino Lined.... with the front and rear bumper... figured it would last longer gettin hit with rocks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.