DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I got my badges painted, finally. But I'm pissed, one of the letters chipped. I'm gonna go to the car paint store at lunch today and see WTF is the deal. The picture doesn't do justice. They look really awesome in person, aside from the chipped letter. Oh well, hopefully by this weekend, I can get them all straightened out and on my truck. I will post more pics when they are on the Ram.


I posted this picture in another thread I had going, but wasn't sure how many people would look in there...
 

Attachments

·
Jeep Driver
Joined
·
32,497 Posts
Those should look pretty cool on your graphite truck. Post some pics when you put them back on!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I hope they look good. I'm getting rid of all the chrome, most of it is gone now. I will post pics though, when I'm done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
I considered doing the same to my badges but figured with a Black truck "what's the point". It should look great on your Graphite though.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,902 Posts
Where did you get those awesome badges before you painted them???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the greatest member on DT....YOU!!!!!!!! :D :rck: :D :rck: :bman: :werd: :gr_patrio lol
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,902 Posts
RammingDodge said:
the greatest member on DT....YOU!!!!!!!! :D :rck: :D :rck: :bman: :werd: :gr_patrio lol
Shameless Bump for everyone to see......... :D
 

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
Joined
·
3,696 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TTURedRaider09 said:
Shameless Bump for everyone to see......... :D
lol....shameless indeed :thatfunny
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,902 Posts
My cough is coming back....you got those pics yet?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
....ok, today is wednesday. I'm gonna get them resprayed on Friday and hopefully pick them up Saturday morning, then, by God, I'll have pics. If not, I'll duct tape them to the Ram for all to see :IDEA: ... I'm out of cough syrup, but I've got some drops :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,066 Posts
Did the paint "chip" or simply fail to bond? I wish you well, but I still have my doubts about coating those.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It failed to bond. I lightly scratched it with my fingernail and then it chipped. I've decided through consultation with my humble supplier :D , my fiancee :blah: , and my guy :rck: that I am going to have these sprayed with wolverine coating, which is they same spray in liner that I got sprayed on my bumper. That way, everything will be uniform, and my guy assured me they will not chip as it is backed with a lifetime warranty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,066 Posts
RammingDodge said:
It failed to bond. I lightly scratched it with my fingernail and then it chipped. I've decided through consultation with my humble supplier :D , my fiancee :blah: , and my guy :rck: that I am going to have these sprayed with wolverine coating, which is they same spray in liner that I got sprayed on my bumper. That way, everything will be uniform, and my guy assured me they will not chip as it is backed with a lifetime warranty.
Ya kno there is a strong resemblance between your fiancee and my wife. :blah:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol... they must be related, except my fiancee has another feature I forgot to add, which I'm sure your wife has: :blah: $$$ --my money $$$
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,953 Posts
Grunt said:
I considered doing the same to my badges but figured with a Black truck "what's the point".
I would agree, but the big thing down here with the younger folks are the baseball hats with like th NY Yankees or Red Sox sign. Instead of the old style with white letters on a black hat, now they are having them stitched up with black lettering on a black hat. It looks kinda cool IMO.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top