DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Red 03 Sport 2wd R/C S/B, I'm leaning towards 24" rims, but I'm really worried about them rubbing. I'm going to go with the 1.8" - 3.8" drop, but 24" is still pretty big. I'm thinking buying these:

What do you guys think of the red/black? I also found a C/F SRT10 hood from VIS, that I think would go decent, but I don't know. I'd really like some opinions from fellow dodge owners. This is purely a street truck, will most likely never see rain...lol. Will see track time though. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
You can always run a 295/35-24 and be fine. I have a 2.25/5" drop and am running 295/50-20"s. So with that drop even a 305/35-24 would probably work. The red/black combo is a nice touch. :)

KB

PS - Your wheel width and offset are going to play a factor on rubbing as well. try to find something with a higher than 24mm offset. Since you will likely have a 10" rim, try and get in the upper 20"s even low 30"s if you can.

Attachments

·
The Walt-n-ator
2,491 Posts
The 305/35-24 tire will work with a 2/4-2/5 drop; the 305/35-24 is about the same height as the 275/60-20 that I'm running with my 2/5 drop. Just watch your offset. If your wallet can take it, get the 24's man! I want 24's so bad. I think it's starting to become too common to have 22's; 24's would really set your truck apart from the rest. Good luck!

·
Registered
356 Posts

Red and black look mean together. I was contemplating a CF hood for my truck as well. Go for it and show us some pics.

·
Registered
908 Posts
i thnk red and black look damn good together, here is a pic of my flame red quabcab when it was still flame red and black 20's.......

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Stay with 22s
24s overpower the rest of the truck

22s--20s complement it

·
Registered
890 Posts
Some can look good on our trucks in a 24, some can't. My honest opinion is that the wheel you are thinking about will look better in a 22, but of course, without seeing it in person it's tough to say. I thought my KMC's would look too big in a 24, so I went w/ 22's. I wish now that I had at least did the back w/ 24's.

And I say no to the CF hood unless it's strictly for weight saving and you plan on painting it or at least painting part of it to flow with the body line.

·
The Walt-n-ator
2,491 Posts
EZ4U2CHere said:
Some can look good on our trucks in a 24, some can't. My honest opinion is that the wheel you are thinking about will look better in a 22, but of course, without seeing it in person it's tough to say. I thought my KMC's would look too big in a 24, so I went w/ 22's. I wish now that I had at least did the back w/ 24's.

That is exactly the same fear I have of buying 22's; I would hate to get 22's, have them look too small, and wished that I'd have bought 24's...

·
09 HEMI
5,965 Posts
you still have your stocks? im trying to get rid of my 24s.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
You better think about upgrading your brakes if you do go with 24s

·
Registered
890 Posts
eaton said:
That is exactly the same fear I have of buying 22's; I would hate to get 22's, have them look too small, and wished that I'd have bought 24's...
Don't take that the wrong way. I'm very happy with my 22's. The 22's don't look small by any means, but I'd really like to go lower, and I think a 24, at least in the back, would look better. And again, I think a lot of it has to do with the style of wheel I have. Some 24's just don't look right at all in my opinion.

Shot of the rear

Shot of the side

·
Ghost Hunter
1,366 Posts
Can someone post some side view pics with 24's. I been thinking of doing that as well.
Also when you say the brakes need to be upgraded, what do you mean the rotors?

Plus will you lose performance with the 24's?

·
Registered
356 Posts
24's have got to be heavy as hell. They may look nice, but they're a surefire way to slow you down in a hurry.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
RamAddiction said:
Can someone post some side view pics with 24's. I been thinking of doing that as well.
Also when you say the brakes need to be upgraded, what do you mean the rotors?

Plus will you lose performance with the 24's?
Yeah you will lose performance just think of how much more revolving mass the brakes have to stop and you have to accelerate when starting

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
EZ4U2CHere said:
Don't take that the wrong way. I'm very happy with my 22's. The 22's don't look small by any means, but I'd really like to go lower, and I think a 24, at least in the back, would look better. And again, I think a lot of it has to do with the style of wheel I have. Some 24's just don't look right at all in my opinion.

Shot of the rear

Shot of the side

Can't believe you have never gotten TOTM

Just checked

I'll Keep you in mind

·
Ghost Hunter
1,366 Posts
Bob those are seriously some nice wheels, what are they?

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Those are EZ4Y2CHERE's wheels in that pic of the red truck
He has them as KMC SS 22s in his sig

If you are talking about mine in my gallery they are Boss 304s Polished 20s

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Funny you should post this pic, I was looking at KMC's today, the have the same wheel as you except in black mags, with a deep chrome lip, pretty damn nice. But all my co-workers were telling me to buy them instead of what I'm looking at. I dunno. I'm stuck on style/size, if I don't figure out something soon, SRT's it is. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Thanks UncBob!

Capone, Obviously I might be bit biased, but I think the KMC SS looks better than the others you posted. Another one of my favorites is the KMC Jacks&Five that I posted in another thread around here just yesterday I think. Think before you spend! It took me a a solid 8 months to pick out my wheels.

·
Registered
531 Posts
i would go with the 22's and level the truck out , but if you want to stand out and dont care about performance then do the 24's

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.