DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if Biodiesel will injure my sprinter? The sprinters have been in operation in Europe for a decade, and 60% of all these sprinters use biodiesel. I can't see why mine would be any different???

· Registered
171 Posts
The only issue I can see is the Bio has less lubricity. I'd use some good additives with it.

Josh

· Registered
839 Posts
Biodiesel shouldn't hurt anything. From what I've heard it actually lubricated better than the low sulfer crap that we get at the pump anyhow.

· Registered
3,452 Posts
From what I have heard bio has better lubricity and higher cetane rating than diesel. It also keeps the fuel system cleaner. :gr_patrio

· Registered
208 Posts
I have done some reserch on the biodiesel and it is more of a lubricant than regular diesel. It also acts as a solvent so any gummy build up that diesel leaves behind over time it will clean it, how ever you might go through a few fuel filters in the proses because the gummy crap will plug the filter. The other thing to watch out for is some older vehicals have rubber seals an the biodiesel will deteriorat them. Hope this helps a lil'.

· Registered
14 Posts
there are like different grades of bio right? i am kina thinking that the pour point might be a sore spot with using it in a constant circ fuel system. seems to me it would like having an aboveground oil tank with a two line system and cause gelling at warmer temps than #1. i wonder if there is anything like a TigerLoop Combo,that can convert a recirc system to a point at the deareator.... allowing one line supply to it, from the tank and bring the other two lines to it to recirc continiously. google tiger loop combo oil deareator. you guys are savey ever heard of this?

· Registered
171 Posts
Interesting....I have always been told Bio has less lubricating properties.....Learn something new every day...

CC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.