DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around for the last week or so at billet grilles. My lady and I both think the stock black plastic is horrible. We like the chromed/polished look seen but would like to see the cross hair's gone like the what's available for the ram. Anyone know where these can be had or have opinions of their own installs? Pics?

Thanks,

CaliVW78
05 Durango Limited 4x4 Hemi | Fully loaded
Mineral Grey / Grey Leather

·
Registered
1,041 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
I've got the stainless mesh and have been very happy with it. Tons of compliments on it also. Pretty much anything beats the black plastic insert.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Our neighbor has the mesh insert on his 300C and it definitley looks nice. Although we saw one on eBay and so far this is on the top of our list. Since I apparently can't post URL's you'll have to search ebay for 'dodge durango billet grill'. It's the one where the horizontal peice of the cross hair is removed.

Item number 7981034934

Thanks again for the responces. Now to find the tail light covers that were on the R/T concept model. I think I saw someone with them here in the forums.

CaliVW78

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I almost bought that grille you're talking about CaliVW78. I've decided to try to get the one that Jimbo1102 on this site is selling though. I just have to clear it with my wife first.....

·
Registered
249 Posts
Goathead, how was the installation of the mesh grill. It looks real good and I might get it off ebay. Easy? hard? did it need paint of any kind? Thanks.

·
Registered
758 Posts
It was pretty simple, not as bas as I thought it would be. I had to do a little bit of trimming with a dremel to get it perfect. Nothing major though. I did paint the condenser and radiator with some high-temp black paint so it wouldn't show through the grill also. The whole process was about an hour.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
the "Jimbo" grill is the bomb...especially as far as fit and finish...top notch...great look too..better in my opinion that the "bar" style...

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I agree, Jimbo's model really does look great.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Ditto from me. His customer sevice is awesome.

·
Registered
576 Posts
They are two types of grills, one that has four sections and the 2nd type which is one continuous grill. The single grill looks better IMO which is the one I have since you can not see where the grill starts or ends but it will require trimming of the stock grill and the grill that is sectioned is easier to install.

If you look at my grill look at the edges you cannot see where each fins ends but the sectioned one you will be able to see where each fin ends.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
That looks great VENOM.

·
Investigator
992 Posts
Here is a point of comparison as VENOM mentions. I have the bolt over type, and I agree the replacement grill as VENOM & RockinRang0 have looks better IMO too.

Attachments

·
Registered
576 Posts
Scotia28 said:
That looks great VENOM.
Thanks

DurangoLmtd said:
Here is a point of comparison as VENOM mentions. I have the bolt over type, and I agree the replacement grill as VENOM & RockinRang0 have looks better IMO too.
Where did you get yours, at dealer?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Of all the Billett Grilles shown, which are overlays and which are replacements?

·
Registered
576 Posts
The grill I have you remove the black stock grill which is four sections and mount the new billet grill which is one piece. You have to fit it in so its not difficult as long as you are not all thumbs.

·
Registered
53 Posts
-VENOM- said:
The grill I have you remove the black stock grill which is four sections and mount the new billet grill which is one piece. You have to fit it in so its not difficult as long as you are not all thumbs.
LOL....Thanks for the info VENOM.

BTW...where did you get yours? and How much $$?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.