DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
xcguy
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a billet gas cover for my 05 ram and i cant get those damn screws off... any suggestions??? how did you guys get them off!? They are so damn tight! :mad:

·
Slow 4.7 club
803 Posts
LOl i just done mine a couple of weeks agao and i had to use a power drill to get it outlol... They were fugging tight..

Willis

·
xcguy
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
john.colorado said:
go pump some iron girly man :thatfunny

yeah yeah... drank some milk and went @ it again...
then tada... :cool: TO JOHN. COLORADO -->:nutkick:

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
hahaha good job! cap looks sweet.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
LOL. You guys are too much. I did mine in the parking lot at our last DT meet. Prior to install, I had my Mopar Billet Cap painted to match the truck though. Came out sweet, if I do say so myself. :)

Attachments

·
It's a JEEP thing!
3,233 Posts
03dodge said:
LOl i just done mine a couple of weeks agao and i had to use a power drill to get it outlol... They were fugging tight..

Willis

I had one on my truck a year ago and i used a powerdrill too to remove the screws. :thatfunny

I ended up selling the fuel door, because I didn't like the look of the brush satin on my silver truck.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,864 Posts
KB112 said:
LOL. You guys are too much. I did mine in the parking lot at our last DT meet. Prior to install, I had my Mopar Billet Cap painted to match the truck though. Came out sweet, if I do say so myself. :)
I like that, who painted it? You or a body shop?

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
A bodyshop I opened as a business account. I know the owner and some of the guys there. They ended up only charging me $20, of course I had to put the fuel door back together and put it on myself. But who cares, it looks sick and subtle at the same time. LOL

KB

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
Muscle man Muscles

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
theres like 2 or 3 types of mopar fuel caps right? mine is different

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
There are only 2 that I know of. There is the Satin finished billet one and the chromed billet one. Both are made by AMP industries, for Dodge. The factory (Amp) ones have a little flip out lip to open the fuel door. The other aftermarket ones usually have a magnet inside. So you push and click the door and it pops open/closed. XCguy has a magnetic one.

KB

·
Registered
270 Posts
I never did quite understand the point of de-babdging, only to put a billet gas door on that doesn't blend in...to each his own I guess.

Looks good by the way.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
weird... neither yours nor xcguys is like mine. mine is like domed out.

·
Banned
459 Posts
simioh said:
weird... neither yours nor xcguys is like mine. mine is like domed out.
Sounds like you have the daytona cap..... I 've seen alot of daytona guys ditching it and ended up going with aforementioned style.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
yeahhhh its the daytona cap! i was tryin to remember, and i looked at the rumble bee and srt-10, forgot bout the daytona.

·
xcguy
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.